• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Potential Map Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This map idea I had would be a melee map, but with four redesigned races playable (potentially more depending on whether or not the balance breaks.) The four races would be 'Orcs' 'Naga' 'Goblins' and 'Humans' starting out. Orcs would have no gathering system aside from lumber, and would collect gold making use of the 'pillage' mechanic and using raiders (nerfed down to prevent rushes) to gather materials. Their entire mechanic would be attack attack attack while sacrificing building defense and everything else (though I am open to new ideas regarding that.) Humans would have a lot of their buildings buffed and have more use of fortifications and have a bit more of a slow start, but their start would be steadier with versatile units. Goblins would be all about teching up really quickly with incredibly powerful technological units capable of using items in the form of upgrades allowing them to have multiple attacks on their tanks, etc. Naga would excel at mobility and map control in a different way compared to Orcs. Perhaps having them make use of the rivers going through the map? I can go into further details if anyone has questions and is interested in this actually being a thing. I have UIs and models already in files ready to use.

Level 2
Also, I am looking for anyone who is willing to join me in creating a modding group just for fun to make some interesting things. I typically go for unit balancing/terraining/writing/etc. If interested just PM me and we can discuss the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.