• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disable Triggers, Save, Enable Triggers. Triggers aren't enabled though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Okay so I've been having problems with my map. If I activate an "!external call macro" it doesn't finish saving and just tells me "Out of Memory" However it doesn't crash (But does slow comp down) and the map does save (But doesn't run).

I noticed that if I disabled/deleted many of the scripts in my map, it'd save properly after doing an external call.

I disabled a bunch of the triggers, saved, and then closed and opened my map. I then enabled all of the triggers. Now it's acting like the triggers weren't enabled when I test the map!

I use a modified JNGP. Everything is manually up-to-date on it though. It's provided here.

So then anyone know what the problem is and why it's doing this? I even tried disabling the trigger I added and it still acted that way.

If you believe you can help, then here's the map: Though you may have trouble opening it with the AddSpecialEffectTarget() call.

EDIT: The map stopped working after I imported http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/jass-functions-413/vjass-system-unit-properties-142012/

Though I doubt it was simply the importing of this that did it.

I've also recently found out when I try to save it to a new location it acts like it's saving with an external call.

EDIT2: After disabling all the systems and the triggers that use them, the triggers still do not turn on. The problem must then lie in the way the maps are being compiled during save OR the problem lies in the map's internal initializing scripts (the ones I don't know how to access because they don't show up in the Trigger Editor :\)

Attachments

• 11th Vampire.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 9
Some scripts might be knocking each other out. If you have a system that calls a code that another system also does, they will malfunction.

Level 13
But then disabling the new system should cause them to function again. But even after disabling the system the triggers don't work. There's some viability to this though as UnitProperties uses it's own GetUnitId and so does AutoIndex. But still, disabling should fix it.

These are all systems I've used together before in a another map. The exception would be the new UnitProperties I added. However, the map was having save issues even before I added UnitPropertiaes. However all I had in it was KnockBack from RisingDusk and it's required libraries (AutoIndex, BoundSentinel, TerrainPathability, Last Order, all manually updated), Table and XE 8.0 as well as SimError (Very basic thing.)

EDIT: New information in the first post under EDIT2

Last edited:
Level 13
well, i wouldn't trust that system so easily since it claims to give you control over the armor of a unit, which i don't know how that is possible.

ohh man...you should clean your trigger editor up a bit. you have far too many categories. about 70!! i know your map is probably far from finished, but my mostly done map has 4 categories! the one i'm far from finishing probably has less than 20. will comment more after examining more of your map.

ah...it is as i feared...that system indeed makes a bunch of objects for use with the system...simply disabling the trigger won't undo everything that installing the system did.

perhaps some of the object raw id numbers overwrote something.

oh and, i never saw + in a raw id number. is that an error? ^ ^

i personally don't trust a single .lua using system out there, i'd write my own if only i knew how to write one. but then it might end up as trustworthy as it's predecessors.

Level 13
Looks like I'll have to fix up those categories. That'll make transferring them to a new map to reverse the problem a lot easier.

The only other system like this I can use is an older version of BonusMod. Otherwise the newer version has to run external calls on every save. Unless I can fix that problem (Which happened before this system was implemented) then I have to use an older version.

I've also been condensing and breaking down some things like the triggers, so that they can be moved around and executed easier with less code.

UPDATE: Finished condensing all triggers. Am attempting to import them over to a new map.

Last edited:
Level 13
oh....youre mentioning issues with saving the map? i'm not sure, but you might need to comment out object external creation stuff....hmm...i think you edited your op a lot...anyway...my opinion of the .lua systems...they're difficult to use and don't give back enough to be worth the time invested in them. :/

hmmm...internal initializing scripts...i think i know what that is...
that's like preplaced units and stuff! i've had problems with those from time to time. best solution is to minimize or eradicate preplaced units on the terrain and place them yourself with jass. but this is just a guess from me. it could be something else. i think it happens sometimes when you try to use gg_ in your codes...not 100% positive, though.

Level 13
It may be an issue with my compiler. If you can save the map yourself and it still runs like it should (You can pick your hero) then it's likely my compiler, though I have nothing that proves or disproves that theory yet.

I'll see if I can eliminate all those preplaced units. I've been working on doing that actually. Perhaps that's one reason for the issues.

What's unusual is that the DEBUG functions I created still work for the map. Also, if I import all the scripts from the Broken Map to an older, working version manually (Copy and Paste) then the map bugs.

Thus I conclude it's the scripts that cause the saving issues AND the issue where the triggers fail to run. When you move scripts over and the game fails then it's obviously those scripts.

Now its just a matter of figuring out which script.

Level 13
well no, my compiler actually isn't set up to accomodate external calls like that, afaik. so your map crashes my editor when i try to save it :/

it's kinda funny cuz i'm pretty sure my big computer could do it. anyway...i dislike all those extra objects created, so whatever. i guess later, if i feel like it, i can double check it with my big comp's editor.

Level 13
Ahh thanks. By the way would having a TriggerSleepAction() inside a Init function cause any huge issues? I don't recall when I put those in, maybe somewhere close to the same time I did the system.

I'm looking into it now, because I did that XD

EDIT: Yup, that was the problem :X

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.