• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Director's Cut project - The Age of Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Sverkerman Presents

The Age of Pandora
Version 0.21 Alpha

Map Info:

The Age of Pandora resolves around Hezo, a member of the Pandarian tribe Guchu.
The Guchu tribe has been living in the peacefull forests of Gamgdai for many generations without problems from other factions.

Up until this very day...

Hezo wakes up to the screams of his elders.
He stands up and spots members of the normally neutral troll tribe Hex'tox slaughtering and collecting members of his tribe into cages.
He rushes for the river but as he approaches, a troll from the Hex'tox tribe surprizes him with one of the very well known zalandari woven nets and captures him into one of the cages.

The Hex'tox tribe takes him and the rest of his still alive brotheren to the Hex'tox Ancient Ruins.

Many questions are to be answered about the reasent change of the troll tribe's behaviour.
What could have caused this?

Features:

The Age of Pandora offers the most quality features and systems wich are avaliable.

* Fullscreen Talent Tree system
* Quest and Chain Quest system
* Unit respawn system
* Cinematics
* Voice acting
* Third person camera system
* Fullscreen Stat Board
* Attachment system
* Puzzles & Clues
* Interactable world
* Professions
* Mounting system
* Lockpicking system
* Heroic and Normal Mode bosses
* Save/Load system
* Custom Stats

Content

Play as the main character, Hezo in his journey to avenge his brothers and sisters, his elders and ancestors. Level up Alchemy and Enchanting to further increase your fighting techniques as you fight your way towards revenge. Grow crops, fish for food, solve extreme puzzles, lockpick valuable treasure chests, craft armor and weapons and upgrade them to their fullest potential. Level up in a realistic and interactive world, spend talents to become a master of either Brute or Magic or combine them both to become a dangerous hybrid. Spend attribute points to further boost your damage and defence to the edge of the pandarian race limits. Find rare eggs and tame the ultimate riding beast to travel further, faster and with great style.
Tons of enemies.
Tons of bosses.
Tons of valuable items.

The Age of Pandaria.

-2 Main Professions (Alchemy and Enchanting) + 4 Minor professions (Fishing, Crafting, Lockpicking and Farming).
-10 Custom stats (Spell Damage, Block Amount, One Hand Damage, Two Hand Damage, Meele Crit, Magic Crit, Spell Resistance, Armor, Stamina, Stamina Reg)
-Over 200 items.

Screenshots and Videos:

Working on it!

Change Log:

Changelog::
* 0.21 Alpha
-Finishes both fullscreen talent trees and the fullscreen attribute summary.
-Started terraining.

Credits:

Special Thanks:
* Kobas (Talent Tree Building Stones)
* Mageteridon96 (Trigger help)
* Maker (Tried to help)
* Hagge5 (Extremely helpfull friend)
*Unwirklich (Panda UI)
*CRAZYRUSSIAN (Practically all imported icons)

Credits:

Author's notes:

Total time spent: 92 hours.
Project started: 2011-11-27

At the moment I am looking for 1 coder. If you want to help the project in any way, feel free to comment here in the thread, I wont bite I promise.

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
Because it is not a huge group working on it. It is only me that is working on it at the moment, and that with great progress.

I know that I might have a lot to prove, but I am willing to do so. I am currently finishing the starting area (The troll tribe). I will upload some pictures of it in about 3 hours when it is done.

Level 7
It's silly to even call a project to be just a "director's cut project" in the future. If your doing the map right in the first place sure you should aim for that after it's been released and had a few good updates but it's of no discerning factor of the quality being put into a map that is just in development stages really and shouldn't be used as an advertisement really. It's given to maps that have been highly tested and are great games often maps that aren't just on first release.

Also you had a large team before and had it canceled or failed(the word choice doesn't matter). I really don't see how your going to get much help after you've made it pretty known that you couldn't even get that team to work together.

Also it kind of looks like your just trying to advertise using a full screen talent tree and whatnot to impress people to join, which seems kind of silly because many maps are advertising or sporting these types of systems now and one of the only differences is that yours is probably triggered less efficient. And I also really don't see anything really interesting in this project that isn't being developed in others at all.

Also you forgot to credit your Panda UI.

Because it is not a huge group working on it.
I'm pointing these things out because I think this map deserves some criticism, if not from me then from some of the other members that were dropped from the past project. Some of the best projects out there are still projects being develop'd by not large teams but a small amount of people or maybe even one person cause it takes less time to implement ideas and make changes usually.

Sverkerman

Level 17
That is good critism, thank you Switch33, + rep.

My fullscreen talent trees and the stat board is done in GUI, so yeah, not the most efficient way.

Director's Cut is what I'm aiming at. It is going to be my goal, advertising or not.

the Panda UI is now credited, so are all the icons I am using from CRAZYRUSSIAN.

EDIT: First picture uploaded!

Last edited:
Level 17
I actually like the talent tree, it's pretty
but that's it
it lacks originality, sounds like a very generic rpg that would need to absolutely excel in it's features to compete with other (more original and overall interesting) projects

*In Response to PM*
(-/+)I'd be willing to help, however, I'am only a semi-decent(Very Experienced) coder who tends to get bored with ideas halfway through.
(-/+)I'm not very good at modeling and I can do a little bit of work with Icons but not from scratch.

(+)I am however really good at performing workarounds and pretty good at bug fixing.
(+)On a good day I'm pretty creative (Innovative Systems, Spells, Heroes, Items, & Such).

(-)If your Project is in Jass I can't help at all.

You decide if you want my help.
P.S: Keep in mind I won't be dedicating myself to it, so I'd suggest getting someone else to help regardless.
*Subsribing*

Sverkerman

Level 17
I am looking for someone to work with that is dedicated to the project that I can share my toughts with and that is willing to let their inspiration flow within the terrain I create and systems I create. I am looking for someone to create the general stuff, spells, events, interractions, quests, bosses, stuff like that.

Level 17
This was going to be my number one map to play when it was finished!

I guess since no progress is being shown of recent I have no idea if I'll ever get a chance :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.