• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Different units. Different players. Same building?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been wondering how to make different units able to be trained only by specific player, but from the same kind of building. Similar to Holy_Sausage's Alternative Future map where different nations can get different types of units from the same type of building. I've looked at his map but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Level 9
Just make few copies of the same building, but allow it to train different units? Idk, i havent seen the map so i dont know what it looks like.

Other way is just having the same building for everybody with the same units available, but replacing the trained unit with another, apropriate for the nation, when its completed.

Level 3
Raft: That's the exact thing I'm trying not to do. I don't want to create a different unit set for every nation. I want them to have the same units just they can make different units from their buildings.

Teelo: No, not like taverns.

Level 9
Explain better what do you mean by "I want them to have the same units just they can make different units from their buildings."

There is no way to change a units model in-game permanently, except Metamorphosis, but this is rather a bad solution.
So i think you have no other option than creating unit sets for each nation by the object editor.

Level 3
Raft: Sorry was typing form my iPod and wasn't paying attention... I mean same building but different units can be produced by different players. Such as Player 1 (Russia) and Player 2 (USA) can both build a Tank Factory, Russia though can only train T-80's from the tank factory they build and USA can only build M1 Abrams. In the editor though, there is only one type of tank factory.

Slaydon: ...I'm not thinking you understand.

Level 11
Make your building have ALL the units it can build (for all players) in its "Units trained" field. Go into player properties (under scenario) and make it so that for a given player, only the units you want that player to be able to train are checked as available (you can do this with techs too). Theres also a trigger action that lets you change unit availability mid-game if you want to do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.