• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] dummy(ies) casting in different points within same axis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i don't know if you get the title at all, so I will try to explain better: what I'm trying to do is that on certain point a dummy (or dummies) will cast something that targets a point (like Shockwave) in different angles, so it may end at least like a cross. I've tried different ways:

At first I made Setting to integer A from 1 to 4, then create 1 dummy at X, facing (Integer A x 90) degrees, then I make Pick every unit of type Dummy in X area (Until this point I think I have no problem) - After that I make Add "Skill" to Picked unit and order to cast the skill at (Integer A x 90) However it didn't work. In the loop of integer A were all the triggers btw.

Then I reversed Pick and Integer A actions. I created four units at same time then Picked them and inside the unit group actions were: -Add Skill to picked unit. -For loop Integer A from 1 to 4. Then inside the Integer loop was order to cast at (Integer A x 90) and it didn't work either.

My last options were create 1 unit only and then order it inside the Integer A loop to cast the skill same as before (Integer A x 90) but it casted the spell only in one point. The other option was to create 4 dummies then set variable for each one and order each one, but I know there should be an easier option.

Thanks in advance

Level 10
Something to this effect should work.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Shockwave to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by 256.00 towards (90.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)

Level 7
Something to this effect should work.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by 256.00 towards (90.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)

Whoa, that just did the trick! It's weird, since that what I was just thinking, maybe in the wrong order.

in any case, thanks a lot :D you deserve some rep :)

Level 4
Cleaning time! :D
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TMPLoc = Center of (Playable map area
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (TMPLoc)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (TMPLoc offset by 256.00 towards (90.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TMPLoc)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.