• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Different "mana bars" for each unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I was wondering if it were possible to change the color of the mana bars for different units. For example I want the healer/magic damage unit to have a purple bar, the melee damage unit to have a red bar (he gains mana per hit like rage), and the tank to have a yellow bar (he uses it like a shield so all damage is converted to mana until it runs out, then he starts taking damage.)

It would also be great if there was a way to call it something different for each unit like mana, rage, shield but then again I guess it doesn't really matter since I believe the only time it ever says "mana" is when it says you do not have enough mana to use an ability.

Anyways, anything anyone could come up with would be great, even if I have to use custom life and mana bars for my heroes. Thanks

Level 14
On a somewhat related note, is there a way to remove health bars so when you mouse over a unit it doesn't show up (Therefore just leaving the custom ones)

Level 37
How many units use the custom bars? You could try my lightning bar system.

Create health and mana bars

• Set unitVariable = someUnit
  • Custom script: call LightningBar.create(udg_unitVariable, "LIHB", "LIHM")

Create only mana bar

• Custom script: call LightningBar.create(udg_unitVariable, null, "LIHM")

LiBars_zps9de38dc2.jpg

The LIHB and LIHM are lightning types. You can check out all lightning types in my lightning test system, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/lightning-test-v1-0-a-204927/.

Attachments

• LightningBars.w3x
    43.5 KB · Views: 105
Level 14

Thanks I'll try that, +rep

How many units use the custom bars? You could try my lightning bar system.

Create health and mana bars

• Custom script: call LightningBar.create(udg_unitVariable, "LIHB", "LIHM")

Create only mana bar

• Custom script: call LightningBar.create(udg_unitVariable, null, "LIHM")

LiBars_zps9de38dc2.jpg

The LIHB and LIHM are lightning types. You can check out all lightning types in my lightning test system, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/lightning-test-v1-0-a-204927/.

This looks amazing, you never cease to amaze Maker. I'm just using it for 3 heroes so it will work perfectly. Thanks +rep

Level 14
I have the map updated with the trigger for the three heroes but for some reason I can't open it in game. Maybe there is something simple I am missing.

Let me know if you can tell what's wrong.

P.S. I know Maker knows this, but you have to open it in JNGP since the code is in vJASS (I think haha)

Attachments

• LightningBars.w3x
    40.7 KB · Views: 67
Level 37
I'm not sure what the problem is since I can open the map just fine. Make sure that after saving, there is no * after the map's name in the editor.

And you need to add the custom lightnings you are going to use so they will not be too big, like I did for the lightnings I use for the bars. There's the imported LightningData.slk file, the three last ones are the custom ones.

Maybe this will help: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...s-278/how-customise-lightning-effects-203171/

Level 14
@ Maker
Well I'll keep tinkering with it. I'm not used to using anything vJASS or JASS so I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong. Maybe I don't have JNGP configured right. Thanks for all the help and I'll give you credits in my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.