• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

did blizzard ban me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSK

FSK

Level 5
If someone reports you and blizzard penalizes you for it by blocking you from bnet, do they inform you? Out of nowehere i am getting 'error handling request' error on startup. I suspect its cause i've been hosting ROTN. If they are banning for that, wow, lame af.

I just had that moment when I suddenly remembered seeing someone on some discord server link a screenshot of a custom game lobby with a game hosted whose abbreviation was ROTN... and then I realized, umm, yes, it is consistent with the policies in the Terms of Service that you would most likely be banned for that.

So then I guess I don't really feel bad about you getting banned. Since nobody replied to you for 20 days, I am guessing nobody else wants to engage with you to talk about your unsavory actions either.

I just took a dive reading and rereading site rules. I did not yet find anything that explicitly prohibits use of this kind of language here, but also there was a paragraph stating that if you think something is against the rules, then it probably is.

So, I don't think I will engage with this topic further. I was banned from Warcraft III in 2014 or so for using a corrupted CD key in a mod that I downloaded, after I attempted to connect to Battle.net using the mod.

As a Blizzard employee once told me, typically these bans are temporary and only last for a period of up to two weeks, but as they are fully automated there is no mechanism in place for Blizzard Entertainment to manually lift a ban so you would most likely need to just wait it out.

Thanks, goodbye, I have no further interest in this topic

Level 41
i don't know what ROTN is, but after reading this thread i think i just figured out what it stands for, at least the N part
O and T too, i guess
R is probably Resurrection or Return or Rise
damn i'm good
douk.jpg

edit: it's Revenge, 3 out of 4, not bad

Last edited:

FSK

FSK

Level 5
they banned me for 30 days. of course they have the right too. unfortunately im not surprised. doesnt change the fact its lame AF. ROTN was a great game.
FUCK THE CCP

Racism doesn't really exist unless one can prove that there is more then one race of Humans however I think that'll lead to a terrible discussion so better not... You could try changing the name of the file as well maps name, even better idea would be just to get rid of the bad word usage with either funny word twists or better placed words.

Status
Not open for further replies.