• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dialog System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Dialog/Inventory System

I was wondering if anyone can help me create a similar dialog-inventory system as in the map attached below. To test the system in the map, press esc after you choose a hero. Please test the system in the map first and comment how such a system be created.

For those who don't want to open the map, below are some tga files on how the system works.

Attachments

• Hell_VS_Heaven_Eternal_v2[1.w3x
    3.8 MB · Views: 58
  • WC3ScrnShot_100812_162435_02.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • WC3ScrnShot_100812_162610_03.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
  • WC3ScrnShot_100812_162618_04.tga
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 28
Still, looking at the system in action is the best visual.
I would agree with you in many cases, but not this one.
The screenshots offer a perfect view on the system.

For those who are too lazy to open the map, below are some tga files on how the system works.
Now that's just rude. You not only didn't convert them to jpg, but you also called people who want to help you lazy.
When requesting a system (this is a request by the way, it fits better in the "Request"-section), try to be a bit more nice and help the people who are trying to help you? It's only natural.

Anyway, I'm going to create this in GUI (I first wanted to do it in JASS, but GUI should be just fine).

Level 28
Update: I believe the system is fully working at the moment (with enough customization options).
Although the command "-savepage" was a test, you can actually use that in your map if you wish (more info on that in-game).
The rest speaks for itself.

(Not tested with multiple players, I did test it as a different player though).

Attachments

• Dialog Bank Storage.w3x
    31.8 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.