• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Diablo III Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
d3W.png

Ive decided to create a thread for this map because I need somewhere to coordinate the team currently working on this map :) Its just easier this way, and tidier.

If you want to make a comment or a suggestion about this mod, please use the Map thread located in the "Maps" area. I have provided a link below. This board is for the map developers to discuss stuff :) Thanks!

Diablo III Warcraft - Beta

Triggering and spell creation:
- The_Silent

System Triggering, Suggestions & Forumer:
- LTGH

Everything Else:
- Myself :D

To all the spell creators on the team, I was thinking you could each devote yourselves to one specific hero class :) Which would give you all slightly more free time for real life stuff ;)

However, feel free to help eachother out if need be, but I have full confidence in all your abilities :D

New Spell List:

Overview:

- Each spell should contain 5 levels.
- Spells should be made easy to read / understand (I will probably need to edit some skills as time goes on to ensure they are balanced)

Barbarian
Diablo III - Barbarian

Seismic Slam:
The barbarian needs to slam the ground in front of him, sending out a shockwave damaging all units in a line. However, The shockwave also needs to produce several thunderclap style animations along its path. This could be done by simply producing the thunderclap animation on all the targets that get hit. Any units that are killed need to explode and any units that are not killed need to be knocked back. There is a knockback shockwave spell in the resources section if it helps as a reference point, but I'll leave the making up to you :)

Ground Stomp:
This spell is really quite simply, we could get away with using the default warcraft war stomp. The barbarian needs to slam the ground, and stun all the enemies around him for a few seconds. the spell can deal minor damage, but the main focus is to stun your enemies. Damage and stun-time can icnrease with level. But the cooldown should be reasonably long to prevent perma-stunning bosses :)

Whirlwind:
Again, this could simply be based on the bladestorm ability. The barbarian should spin for about 4 seconds, dealing damage to nearby enemies. Every time a target is hit, it should produce a blood SFX.

Leap:
I think this speaks for itself. The barbarian needs to leap a short distance, and slam the ground at the position he lands at dealing a moderate amount of damage to all targets in the area. Leaping distance should be realistic, and not be too far. However, the spell must not allow the player to jump out of the playable area e.g. down the big holes xD If theres a way to stop to jump from going through pathing blockers that would be fantastic :) If not, we can always replace this spell with something else.

Cleave:
Because hitting several targets at once is completely imba when fighting mass zombies, I want this ability to have a mana cost, and have the option to activate / deactivate. So something like immolation where it drains your mana when used :) Basically, once activated, the barbarian needs to hit multiple targets in the attack area, dealing normal damage to the main target, and a percentage to surrounding targets which can increase with level. I was thinking we could use a red sweep animation on his weapon when activated, which I currently have on my PC :)

Witch Doctor
Diablo III - Witch Doctor

Fire Bomb:
The witch doctor needs to send a missile to the target area, which explode dealing damage to surrounding enemies. The damage dealt shouldnt be too high, as I want the player to be able to spam this move as they do in the official preview videos. Cooldown should be approx 3 seconds. In terms of SFX used, if you watch the video you will notice a sort of "Fire elemental" appears when the bomb explodes. This could be done by creating a dummy lava spawn model at the target location, and playing its death animation, then removing it after.

Horrify:
I dont know if this spell is possible, but when the player uses it, all nearby enemies need to run away from the witch doctor. The spell duration shouldnt be too long, and the cooldown should be quite large. Bosses should be immune to this spell.

Locust Swarm:
The witch doctor should cast this on a few targets, and they should receive a sort of negative buff that decreases health over time. The buff should also transfer itself to nearby enemies. The damage dealth and number of jumps allowed should increase with level. The locust swarm buff should have a limited time period, to prevent the player from using it, running away, and then coming back when everythings dead.

Mass Confusion:
A random number of enemies in the target area should temporarily turn on their fellow creeps. However, they must also be able to attack the players. For example, for each target generate a random number between 1 and 3, If number = 1, change units controller to a player thats not being used. This player should be unallied to the creeps, and the heroes.

Soul Harvest:
This spell is causing a few concerns. In the videos the witch doctor instantly kills the target creeps and turns them into mana. In my opinion, this would be rather imba :S Instead, the spell should siphon a tiny amount of health from nearby enemies, and convert it into mana for the witch doctor. If you could make a ghostly effect move from the targets to the witch doctor that would be awesome :D If its not possible, then dont worry :) Amount of health drained should increase slightly with level.

Wizard
Diablo III - Wizard

Disintergrate:
This spell will have to be adapted slightly to work in warcraft 3. In Diablo III, you can control the direction of the beam using the mouse, however, as far as I can tell, this cant be done using WE. So! Instead I thought we could make the beam travel to a target area, and damage all enemies in the area each second while the ability is being casted. So imagine the death and decay spell, but with a constant beam travelling from the wizard to the area while the spell is being used. I imagine we will need a custom model for that, which im sure can be found :)

Electrocute:
Basically the same as Chain lightning. We could in fact, just use the chain lightning skill? However, the lightning must only bounce a few times, such as 2 for level 1, and + 1 target for each level. The spell should deal minor damage, but have a fairly low mana cost and cooldown rate to ensure the player can keep on casting it until they run out of mana.

Teleport:
this would essentially be the same as blink :) but with some new SFX. The only problem with this ability is that it must prevent players from teleporting out of the playable area. They must not be able to blink through pathing blockers and cliff sides.

Magic Missiles:
Very similar to the Burning Arrows skills. When activated, the wizard's attack will have increased damage, but each attack will cost mana until deactivated. Level one could have +10 damage, and keep increasing it by another 10 each level. Mana cost of this should increase slightly per level, but not too much :)

Slow Time:
If you've seen the videos, you will notice that all enemies and their missiles slow down within the bubble. We would need a custom bubble model for this spell. The enemies attack and movement rate should decrease when inside the bubble. However, I imagine that slowing down missiles will be near impossible so dont worry too much about that. Also, in the trailer the wizard has the ability to force units within the bubble outwards. This could be done by activating a Pulse button when the shield is on, which damages enemies, and knocks them back. I already triggered a similar spell in the existing diablo map, but without the bubble :)

As for the inventory system, post any updates in this thread to keep the Map Thread slightly more tidy :D Its just easier for me to see whats hapenning when everytings in one place :)

Last edited:
Level 17
Awesome =) Now its easier for me to know if somone is in the team or not.

Anyway, i need some help whit my inventory. I know how to make everything expect one thing, picking up items and add them to the inventory. Ive been sitting for about a hour to figure out how im suppost to make a system that detects if the slot is already used or not. I know one way to do it but thats like making 18
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • slot_1 equal to empty
    • Then - Actions
      • then create one X at position of Y unit.
and change the condition for all 18. It would be anoying to do that 6 times since there is 6 players :O

Level 30
hmmm... Im not exactly amazing with triggers myself, but I'll have a go :D

You could you create a trigger such as this:

• Events
  • Unit - a unit aquires an item
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • If (triggering unit) is equal to red_hero
  • set variable "InventoryPlayer" to Player Red
  • set variable "InventoryNumber" to 0
  • If (triggering unit) is equal to blue_hero
  • set variable "InventoryPlayer" to Player Blue
  • set variable "InventoryNumber" to 1
and so on :)

By doing one of those for each hero, you can create the one trigger, and refer to the variable "InventoryPlayer" every time you want to refer to the player to do it for :D that should remove the need for 6 different triggers.

Then, for each slot variable, make it an array of 6. This means you can make the one variable work for all players as shown below :D

As for the slot problem, the only way I can see of doing it would be to do the trigger you suggested and add some extra to the end like:

Else: is slot_2[InventoryNumber] empty?

If so add item to slot 2.

Else: Is slot_3[InventoryNumber] empty?

and so on until theres one for every slot :D That way the new item always goes in the first available slot :)

The problem with having the inventory on map is that each player will need their own one :S E.g. if 2 players wanted to browse their inventory at the same time, it just wouldnt allow it xD

Hope this helps :)

As for MUI, thats a definate must. Each hero class can be chosen up to 6 times in one game. And that dissintergrate idea sounds fantastic to me :D Either with te directional facing, or the arrow keys :) I'll leave that up to you :)

Level 17
hmmm... Im not exactly amazing with triggers myself, but I'll have a go :D

You could you create a trigger such as this:

• Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • If (triggering unit) is equal to blue_hero
  • set variable "InventoryPlayer" to Player Blue
  • set variable "InventoryNumber" to 1
and so on :)

By doing one of those for each hero, you can create the one trigger, and refer to the variable "InventoryPlayer" every time you want to refer to the player to do it for :D that should remove the need for 6 different triggers.

Then, for each slot variable, make it an array of 6. This

As for the slot problem, the only way I can see of doing it would be to do the trigger you suggested and add some extra to the end like:

Else: is slot_2[InventoryNumber] empty?

If so add item to slot 2.

Else: Is slot_3[InventoryNumber] empty?

and so on until theres one for every slot :D That way the new item always goes in the first available slot :)

The problem with having the inventory on map is that each player will need their own one :S E.g. if 2 players wanted to browse their inventory at the same time, it just wouldnt allow it xD

Hope this helps :)

Gahhh, when using the:
Code:
[TRIGGER][/TRIGGER]
Use this as a template template (In world edit, select a trigger, on the first row where the name is, right click and select copy as text, that will copy the whole trigger if you didnt knew):
  • Template
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • Template Equal to Template
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Template --------
Makes it easier to read what your writhing.

This is how your should look:
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
But i guess your right, ill have to repeat the same thing 18x6 times, will take a while, lol. But i think i can make the inventory function for player 1 this week.

Level 30
Unfortunately, this map is based on the real Diablo III, and there are only 3 classes :S I don't really want to limit this to a 3 player game xD

I'm also hoping I'll be able to use this map as a template to create new levels in the future, and these may well contain more than 6 players :S

Sorry if its a problem :) Its one of the reasons i've got 3 spell creators, so it will be a 3rd of the time on your part thats needed :)

Level 17
So, this means that in the future i have to make the inventory for even more players.
But next time you make a map, save a corner so i have space for my inventory, otherwise every player has hes in a specefic place, easier to have them next to each other.

Anyway, i guess i have to make the trigger like this:
  • Pick up item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to Red_Hero
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Inventory_Player1[16] Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Basic Sword - [|cffffc004Weapon|r]
                • Then - Actions
                  • Destructible - Create a -Icon - Item - Weapon - Basic Sword at (Position of Inventory Dummy 0396 <gen>) facing 270.00 with scale 8.50 and variation 1
                  • Set Inventory_Item_Player1[16] = (Last created destructible)
                  • Set Inventory_Player1[16] = 1
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Inventory_Player1[17] Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Basic Sword - [|cffffc004Weapon|r]
                • Then - Actions
                  • Destructible - Create a -Icon - Item - Weapon - Basic Sword at (Position of Inventory Dummy 0397 <gen>) facing 270.00 with scale 8.50 and variation 1
                  • Set Inventory_Item_Player1[17] = (Last created destructible)
                  • Set Inventory_Player1[17] = 1
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
That is 2 slots, i have to make it for 16 slots if we are going to use 2 rows of my inventory and 32 slots if we are going to use 4 rows.
And this is just for player 1. So i have to make everything 6 times :razz:

------------------
Does anyone know why i can click on the icons(the dummys)? I have do draw over the icon for the unit to get select. Is it becouse its behind a destructible or somthing? if it is so, is there a way to fix it?

------------------
CloudWolf, did they reject your forum request or havent you got a answear yet?

Level 17
Uhmm.. i have allready got it to work? :eek: But im not making so that you see the item stats by having the mouse over an item, you have to select the item.
And im trying to learn how to use trackables (thats the only part i want to use JASS whit)
^^

Level 25
My only thing I can add in here is:

The war stomp thingy, you said you wanted a long cooldown so that the heroes weren't stunned forever?

Why not set the stun duration for them specific to a lower number? You can do that in the ability editor.

Level 17
My only thing I can add in here is:

The war stomp thingy, you said you wanted a long cooldown so that the heroes weren't stunned forever?

Why not set the stun duration for them specific to a lower number? You can do that in the ability editor.

If you want to make a comment or a suggestion about this mod, please use the Map thread located in the "Maps" area. I have provided a link below. This board is for the map developers to discuss stuff :) Thanks!

I know that it was just one time but why didnt you post that in the other thread like he says.
And we know that we can change the duration in the stun duration. He just said how he wanted the spell to be.

Anyone know a tut that can teach someone who dont get a shit of JASS to use trackables?

In my system, should i add so that Barbarian can equip two one-handed weapons (duel-wield)?

Why does this action cause the map to be unable to play?
  • Destructible - Create a (Destructable-type((-Icon - + (Name of (Item being manipulated))))) at (Position of Inventory Dummy 0397 <gen>) facing 270.00 with scale 8.50 and variation 1

I want to be "System creator & Forumer". I think that would fit in better, and i can have "The guy with the answers" as a subtittle at my profile ;)
Since, i dont allways have the answears i just reply what i think is the right answear and i also post alot of questions.

CloudWolf, did they reject your forum request or havent you got a answear yet?

Wow... im better at triggering then i tought. I just started whit a simple trigger, but today i remade the whole trigger to make it easier to create more items, and i made comments everywhere so i and everyone else doesnt get lost in it.
Here it is:
  • Inventory P1
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Inventory Dummy
    • Actions
      • Selection - Clear selection for Player 1 (Red)
      • Selection - Select Red_Hero for Player 1 (Red)
        • If - Conditions
          • Inventory_Selected_True_False[1] Equal to 0
          • Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] Not equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- Removes old selection circle --------
          • Destructible - Remove Selection_Circle[1]
          • Set Selection_Circle[1] = No destructible
          • -------- Select Item --------
          • Destructible - Create a -Icon - Selection Circle at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 270.00 with scale 9.20 and variation 0
          • Set Selection_Circle[1] = (Last created destructible)
          • Set Inventory_Selected_Slot[1] = (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
          • Set Inventory_Selected_True_False[1] = 1
          • -------- Show Multiboard --------
          • Player Group - Pick every player in Player Group - Player 1 (Red) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Multiboard - Show Inventory_Multiboard_Items[Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]]
              • Multiboard - Maximize Inventory_Multiboard_Items[Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]]
          • Skip remaining actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Inventory_Selected_True_False[1] Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- One handed weapons --------
            • If - Conditions
              • (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
              • Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[4] Equal to 0
                • Conditions
                  • Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]] Equal to 1
                  • Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]] Equal to 3
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[4] = 1
                  • -------- Add Bonuses --------
                  • Unit - Add Item Damage Bonus (+8) to Red_Hero
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[4] = 3
                  • Unit - Add Item Damage Bonus (+6) to Red_Hero
                • Else - Actions
              • Player Group - Pick every player in Player Group - Player 1 (Red) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Multiboard - Hide Inventory_Multiboard_Items[1]
                  • Multiboard - Hide Inventory_Multiboard_Items[2]
                  • Multiboard - Hide Inventory_Multiboard_Items[3]
                  • Multiboard - Hide Inventory_Multiboard_Items[4]
              • -------- Delete icon & Selection Circle --------
              • -------- Create new icon --------
              • Destructible - Create a (Destructible-type of Inventory_Item_Player1[Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]]) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 270.00 with scale 6.50 and variation 1
              • Set Inventory_Item_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = (Last created destructible)
              • -------- Remove old icon --------
              • Destructible - Remove Inventory_Item_Player1[Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]]
              • -------- Reset Selection --------
              • Set Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]] = 0
              • Set Inventory_Selected_True_False[1] = 0
              • Set Inventory_Selected_Slot[1] = 0
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
          • -------- Armors --------
            • If - Conditions
              • (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
              • Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[5] Equal to 0
                • Conditions
                  • Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]] Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[5] = 2
                  • Unit - Add Item Armor Bonus (+2) to Red_Hero
                  • Unit - Add Item Hero Stat Bonus (+1 All Stats) to Red_Hero
                • Else - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
              • Destructible - Create a (Destructible-type of Inventory_Item_Player1[Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]]) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 270.00 with scale 6.50 and variation 1
              • Set Inventory_Item_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = (Last created destructible)
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
          • -------- Potions --------
            • If - Conditions
              • Inventory_Selected_Slot[1] Greater than 15
                • Conditions
                  • (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 7
                  • (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 8
                  • (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 14
                  • (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 15
              • Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] Equal to 0
                • Conditions
                  • Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]] Equal to 4
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = 4
                  • -------- Add Potion --------
                  • Hero - Create |cfffd5200Healing Potion|r and give it to Red_Hero
                  • Set Inventory_Potions_Player1[1] = (Last created item)
                  • Unit - Order Red_Hero to move Inventory_Potions_Player1[1] to inventory slot 1
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set Inventory_Potions_Player1[2] = (Last created item)
                    • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Order Red_Hero to move Inventory_Potions_Player1[2] to inventory slot 2
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set Inventory_Potions_Player1[3] = (Last created item)
                    • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Order Red_Hero to move Inventory_Potions_Player1[3] to inventory slot 3
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set Inventory_Potions_Player1[4] = (Last created item)
                    • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Order Red_Hero to move Inventory_Potions_Player1[4] to inventory slot 4
                • Else - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
          • -------- Move --------
            • If - Conditions
              • (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) Greater than 15
              • Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- Unequip items --------
                • If - Conditions
                  • Inventory_Selected_Slot[1] Less than or equal to 15
                • Then - Actions
                  • -------- Weapons --------
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • -------- Remove Bonuses --------
                      • Unit - Remove Item Damage Bonus (+8) from Red_Hero
                    • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Remove Item Damage Bonus (+6) from Red_Hero
                    • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Remove Item Armor Bonus (+2) from Red_Hero
                      • Unit - Remove Item Hero Stat Bonus (+1 All Stats) from Red_Hero
                    • Else - Actions
                  • -------- Slot 1 --------
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Inventory_Selected_Slot[1] Equal to 7
                    • Then - Actions
                      • -------- Remove Potion --------
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Red_Hero in slot 1)
                    • Else - Actions
                  • -------- Slot 2 --------
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Inventory_Selected_Slot[1] Equal to 8
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Red_Hero in slot 2)
                    • Else - Actions
                  • -------- Slot 3 --------
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Inventory_Selected_Slot[1] Equal to 14
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Red_Hero in slot 3)
                    • Else - Actions
                  • -------- Slot 4 --------
                    • If - Conditions
                      • Inventory_Selected_Slot[1] Equal to 15
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Item - Remove (Item carried by Red_Hero in slot 4)
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
              • -------- Delete Selection Circle --------
              • -------- Create new Icon --------
              • Destructible - Create a (Destructible-type of Inventory_Item_Player1[Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]]) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing 270.00 with scale 8.50 and variation 1
              • -------- Delete old Icon --------
              • Set Inventory_Item_Player1[Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]] = No destructible
              • -------- Weapons --------
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Destructible-type of Inventory_Item_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]) Equal to -Icon - item - Basic Sword
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = 1
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Destructible-type of Inventory_Item_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]) Equal to -Icon - item - Clan Axe
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = 3
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Destructible-type of Inventory_Item_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]) Equal to -Icon - item - Ruined Ancient Armour
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Inventory_Item_ID_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = 2
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Destructible-type of Inventory_Item_Player1[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]) Equal to -Icon - item - Healing Potion
                • Then - Actions
                  • -------- Slot 1 --------
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Order Red_Hero to move (Last created item) to inventory slot 1
                    • Else - Actions
                  • -------- Slot 2 --------
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Order Red_Hero to move (Last created item) to inventory slot 2
                    • Else - Actions
                  • -------- Slot 3 --------
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Order Red_Hero to move (Last created item) to inventory slot 3
                    • Else - Actions
                  • -------- Slot 4 --------
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Order Red_Hero to move (Last created item) to inventory slot 4
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Else - Actions
          • -------- Deselect --------
            • If - Conditions
              • (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Inventory_Selected_Slot[1]
            • Then - Actions
                • Loop - Actions
              • -------- Delete Selection Circle --------
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
Cloud, i bet you can't do that. :mwahaha:
Keep in mind that its far away from complete too, its two items and only One-handed weapon, Armor & Potion is enabled.
I think this is the longest GUI trigger i have ever made.

When i add the inventory to your map, could you please add that the inventory is Copy Righted by LTGH on The Hive Workshop and that they have to give credits if using it.
But i guess it wont work since its open source. they just take the stuff and leave :eek:
Anyway, the next diablo 3 maps you are planning to make, will they be open source? Becouse everything would be ruined then. Whit the save and load system, they just have to create a full level uber char in the world editor, enter the game and save it. then they can load the character in the real map whit full gear and everything :S

You know on Diablo3.com. When you go to the character screen, its so awesome when you choose your character, cant we remake the hero select system so it works like that one? =D You click on a hero, he walks to the screen, he makes somthing cool. A multiboard appears that say he's stats, what kind of weapons he use, what abilitys he have and stuff like that.
Its just that tyreal is placed at a bad spot, hes room takes so much space since its in the middle of nowhere, if he was placed at the top of the map, we would have space left. This is just an idea i got, and you will be able to get info about the class befor you choose it. =)

I think many people will PM me when they read this, since they are not allowed to reply here.
I have allready got mailed some ideas, but i will only post the ideas that i think are good and for now, they dont seems so much "diabloish".

What is slk editing? Sometimes i see this message in the trigger actions: "...trough slk editor"

In my inventory system, does anyone know why i have to drag over a slot to select?
Here is a link to a beta version: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=rp9jb0
If someone can tell my why, it would be awesome, becouse thats one of the biggest problem i have right now.

Last edited:
Level 30
Right! took a while to read, but let me know if i've missed anything :D

The hive havent so much as looked at the request, let alone replied :S I'll have to post something somewhere to get their attention :)

As for the position name, sure :D It doesnt really matter what you want to be known as xD

As for two handed weapons, thats a very nice idea :D just have to make sure that if one is equiped, the other weapon slot is inactive or something :)

16 slots will be perfect :) The map isnt really long enough for players to aquire 32 :S

Also, the hero picker system is another nice idea :) I'll attempt to add something like that to the map at some point :D

Level 17
You missed this one:
Should i add so that Barbarian can equip two one-handed weapons (duel-wield)?

Anyway, im glad to hear that only 16 slots is needed.
And yes, i will remember to dissable the shield slot when equiping two handed.

And a new question:
Should i remake barbarians start weapon so its a two handed axe or give him a shield?

All Heros will start whit weapon (shield), armor, pants, potion & ank. Thats like the basic stuff a hero need.

Level 17
Is it really that hard to read the big red text? :(

"If you want to make a comment or a suggestion about this mod, please use the Map thread located in the "Maps" area. I have provided a link below. This board is for the map developers to discuss stuff :) Thanks!"

And who said anything about a model? :O
And its just a reskin, its not a custom model, so its kinda hard to make it look more like barbarian.

Cloud, cant you use alpha channel on the flag dissapears ingame?

Level 30
You missed this one:
Should i add so that Barbarian can equip two one-handed weapons (duel-wield)?

Anyway, im glad to hear that only 16 slots is needed.
And yes, i will remember to dissable the shield slot when equiping two handed.

And a new question:
Should i remake barbarians start weapon so its a two handed axe or give him a shield?

All Heros will start whit weapon (shield), armor, pants, potion & ank. Thats like the basic stuff a hero need.

ooh yea, two one-handed weapons is a must :) for the barbarian at least.

EDIT:

Is it really that hard to read the big red text? :(

"If you want to make a comment or a suggestion about this mod, please use the Map thread located in the "Maps" area. I have provided a link below. This board is for the map developers to discuss stuff :) Thanks!"

And who said anything about a model? :O
And its just a reskin, its not a custom model, so its kinda hard to make it look more like barbarian.

Cloud, cant you use alpha channel on the flag dissapears ingame?

I can try :D I dont know if the base model will show underneath the texture though, but its wirth a shot :D

His starting items should be 2 axes, as these are the starting weapons he wields in the gameplay videos :D We can sort that stuff out though when we add the inventory system to the newest map :)

Level 17
Okey, so you have ordered Two-Handed weapons and Dual Wield.
I will be back whit your orders soon.

Dual Wield done.

Download the new version here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=rp9jb0

Its so damn anoying that this is only for player 1... i have to make this 5 more times when im done x)

This is another idea i have, can we add charms later on? So that when they have a charm in the inventory, they get bonus stats? =]

Last edited:
Level 9
JNGP with WEU? There's no such thing.
JNGP with UMSWE?
Btw, allowing advanced triggers is one of things which causes most bugging.

Edit:
Just took a brief look at the inventory trigger, and there's 3 things you should know.
1. NEVER EVER use custom values!
2. It leaks. A lot.
3. It's very inefficient.

Level 17
We dont use advanced triggers, we dont have the advenced triggers init.
It wont cause any problems. (i think)
JNGP with WEU exists.
Grimoire > Integrate WEU
The option appears if you have WEU installed.

Cloud, in your inventory system, insted of having:
    • If - Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Then - Actions
      • Set Player = Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
    • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Player = Player Group - Player 2 (Blue)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Player = Player Group - Player 3 (Teal)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Player = Player Group - Player 4 (Purple)
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Set Player = Player Group - Player 5 (Yellow)
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Set Player = Player Group - Player 6 (Orange)
                        • Else - Actions
just use:
  • Actions
    • Set Player = (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit))))

Level 9
LTGH said:
Anyone know a tut that can teach someone who dont get a shit of JASS to use trackables?

Trackables are one of the most dangerous things in the World Editor, because Blizzard never finished them, and if you don't handle them correctly, you'll end up with incredible lag.
I would only recommend trackables to people with moderate Jass knowledge.

Level 17
Okey then. I knew that it never was done but i didnt knew that it could cause lag if using them wrong. Thnx for telling me.

It sucks that they never finished trackables, they can be very useful.

But it wasnt so important for me to use it anyway.

Here is the questions that still doesnt have a answear:

@CloudWolf: When i add the inventory to your map, can we keep the credit row at the bottom of the item description?

In my inventory system, does anyone know why i have to drag over a slot to select?
Here is a link to a beta version: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=rp9jb0
If someone can tell my why, it would be awesome, becouse thats one of the biggest problem i have right now.

And here is a new question:

@CloudWolf: Im creating the Inventory but im not in the trigger
This would look better:

Triggering:
- LTGH ( Currently working on a new Inventory System )
- The_Silent ( Currently working on X's X spell )
- redscores ( Currently working on Wizard's disintegrate spell)
- CloudWolf ( He triggered everything himself befor he started to recruit people )

Spell triggering:
- RolePlaynGamer
- The_Silent
- redscores

Forumer:
- LTGH ( Answers on questions when CloudWolf is bussy or offline )

Project Leader:
- CloudWolf ( The Creator of Diablo 3 Warcraft )

Ideas & Suggestions:
- LTGH
- CloudWolf

Terrainer:
- CloudWolf

Who?:
- RolePlaynGamer ( Got the answer when we are in trouble )

This would make it easier to add people if more people join the team ;)

Last edited:
Level 9
Actually, I'm kinda of not on the team, I'm just the guy you guys can ask for help if you run into problems. =P
.slk's are files which Warcraft uses. Warcraft read stuff from the files, I belive some of your imported stuff are converted to slk files, but I'm not sure.
The tables in the Warcraft .mpq are .slk files.

Level 17
Okey, i changed it now. ;)
I didnt get a shit of the second and third row, but i guess thats the answer so lets just skip that...

It was the Diablo 3 Warcraft project that made me start posting on Hive and almost all my posts has to do whit this map. Ive posted alot since then. When i posted once a year befor.
I have posted about 200 times since 01-12-2009 and like 150 of them is D3:Wc3 Related. so 3/4 of my posts is in this or the map thread.
so i do about 7,1 posts per day and 5,3 of them is Diablo 3 Warcraft Related.
Math FTW =D

Cloud, can i have your MSN? If you have one ofcourse. Would be easier to chat whit you insted of posting in a forum.

New version of the inventory:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=rp9jb0
Read bottom of the pastebin page for the change-log.

Cloud, you should add "the team" to the map description in the map thread. some people dont seem to belive that im a part of the team >.<*

Last edited:
Level 17
Okey, thats cool. Im sure it will turn out awesome =D

Cloud, im making a rage potion that the barbarians start whit, it makes him go into a rush and restores 10 rage per second for 5 seconds. I will make so that only Barbarians can use rage potions and only Mana heros can use Mana potions, otherwise mana potions will be imbalanced for barbarian.
You didnt think of that befor, did you? =)
In your system, make so that barbarians cant pick up mana potions.

Level 17

Diablo III Beta v1.09 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site
This is thread is only for the developers.
and there is a recruit thread.

Anyway, i think that CloudWolf wants to do the terrain himself, since thats what he is best one and so far he have terrained everything himself.

The size of the inventory map is 4,39 MB. I think we will get in trouble if we add more stuff now. I hope there is some unused models/icons. Otherwise i dont know what to do.
I guess we can start whit decreasing the graphic on the inventory slot icons. they take 64kb each.

Edit: i removed some unused stuff its now 4,21 MB
Edit2: Removed some more its now 4,17 MB.

The bosses takes like 500kb each, lol. Cant someone decrease the size of their model and skin, i know its possible but i dont know how to do it.
That archer that you see one single time in the map takes like 200kb, cant he just use the high elf archer model?

I have a big question, should i keep the layout i have made or should i make it like this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/136024-albums1113-picture8374.html
Read the picture info.

http://www.diablo3fan.org/2008/06/
I think that the Monster Pictures can be useful, now we have a list of how all the monsters look and their names

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f564/diablo-iii-beta-v1-10-a-112705/index42.html#post996351
Read my and Bartimaeus's conversation please. Start reading at the post that appears and read everything till the second last post on page 43.

Last edited:
Level 30
I can see what you mean about the barbarians rage xD I'll remake the rage system, and include those potion triggers and stuff like you said :D Nice idea ^^

As for the icons, We could convert them to BLP's, decrease the quality slightly (you won't notice the difference), then they should only be about 10 - 15kb each :D I'll work on the file size though when its finished :)

As for terraining, Id'e like to do that myself, otherwise that puts me out of a job :S lol

Level 30
wow :O lol

It would look frikkin awesome if you could make something like that :) But if its going to be a lot of effort, we can just keep the one you have :D

If you wanted, I could just take your existing layout, and photoshop it to look a bit more like the official one? It would be a whole lot easier than recreating it from scratch :) It's only a warcraft 3 map after all, so we dont have to be exact :D

It's your call though, this is a team after all ^^

Level 17
But to import this layout, i can just make the intire picture to one model and then the layout is done, i just need a model for the picture whit the right size and a model whit the size of the icons. So if someone can make that, its a piece of cake. Otherwise you can make a badass looking layout whit photoshop ;)

Level 30
Shall I attempt to re-create the official layout then? :D I'll resize all the icons to the warcraft 64 x 64 size which will ensure they all fit :D

Also, about the spells thing above, If you could provide a quick tutorial with each one that would be awesome :D If its too much effort, I can always send you the latest map when your done, and you can add them yourself :) Whatevers easier for you though :)

Level 17
Do whatever you want whit the style, as long as it turns out whit the right slot scales.
It would look awesome if we could equip weapons so it looks like on the picture, but i quess thats hard, if not you make all the weapon icons and use alpha channel, lol.

What about using alpha on Barbarians Flag? Have you tryed? If you have, did it work? :eek:

As i think you have found out, that inventory screen isnt so big. That means that we will have a hugh black area at the side of it.
So my idea is to make a spell selection system at the left side of the inventory(after inventory system is done).
Here is a picture: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/136024-albums1113-picture8392.html
Read the picture comment and it will explain how i want it to work.

I didnt knew that there was a custom Hold Position button. It seems like you havent changed the original to the custom.
Also, why dont we request CRAZYRUSSIAN to make an abillity button whit the same style as the others? ;) It would be badass whit a red crystalic + button.

Last edited:
Level 17
I dont want to do this ~Void~ but since im the forumer in the Diablo 3 Warcraft team i guess its my job to do it.
And we dont really need a tester, sorry.
But your awesome at Terraining maps dude. :eek:

Level 17
It looks like you readed everything expect the post above your own.
Please people, this topic is only for those who work on this project.
Thnx for trying to help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.