• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 3 Barbarian in Warcraft 3

Hello everyone, LordHatchet95 here! I'm back after a good while of hiatus (again)... Well, this time I've done a very """original""" idea:

To recreate the Diablo III Barbarian! :D (Yeah, I know... This idea was made 9001 times)
In the end, this project was abandoned. It was supposed to be a spell map. The idea is to have a barbarian that can cast abilities like Bash, Weapon Throw, Seismic Slam, etc.

The original D3 Barbarian has a lot of abilities and even variations caused by "runes" and weapons, so I'm going to take into account 5 abilities, at their base. That means, no runes or variations.
  • Bash: Generate 6 Fury per attack. Brutally smash an enemy for 320% strength. Causes slight knockback.
  • Weapon Throw: Generate 6 Fury per hit. Hurl a throwing weapon at an enemy dealing 275% strength.
  • Furious Charge: Generate 30 Fury per attack. Slams through enemies dealing 500% strength as damage.
  • Seismic Slam: Costs 30 Fury. Slam the ground and cause a wave of destruction that deals 620% strengh to enemies up to 1000 distance in front of the Barbarian.
  • Earthquake: Costs 30 Fury. Slam the ground, causing strong shockwaves at the point. Deals 3000% strength as damage over 8 seconds. (if an enemy is standing at the earthquake for 8 seconds, it'd receive the 3000% total damage)
Bonus with the experimentation:
  • Attempted to add fury degeneration. When not attacking or not using fury generating abilities, fury will go down (Fury is Mana... This mechanic kinda works)
  • All spells are physical, which should be unaffected by Silence and Spell Immunity
  • Added recently a loot "system" that's very bare bones... (only gold and a couple of items)
  • Added an auto item picker for "power-up" type of items (gold, healing, etc)
  • Lastly, added a basic set item mechanic just to make my barbarian hilariously overpowered
Map will be added below to test.
All the triggers within the map were done by me!

Credits:
  • Barbarian model made by Kuhneghetz and Mr.Goblin
  • Rocks textures made by HerrDave

Final note and thoughts on this map:
This map was made just out of curiousity... to see if I was able to recreate a few stuff, like knockback, furious charge, set items, and more...

Changelog

V1.0
  • Map uploaded
  • Created Barbarian with 5 skills
  • Created an Auto Picker system
  • Abilities display damage dealt per hit
  • Created a basic loot system
  • Created "adaptable" enemies, they'll level up as you do but every 10 levels

V1.01
  • Fixed a bug with Bash, causing inconsistencies with the knockback effect
  • Fixed Auto Picker system, using a dummy for picking orbs and coins
  • Fixed an issue making dummies created from Barbarian skills drop loot