• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Diablo III - The Fallen World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Diablo_TheFallenWorld.png

[IMG]http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae175/BlazeBird/Hive-Pictures/Universal_Schrift.png[/IMG]
Hey,
I work for a few weeks at my new Diablo 3 project.
I know that many will say of you, the Diablo,
there are enough projects and the never what will.
However, I am optimistic and think that despite all the cards come from the same basic
value but are different in many ways.

Now the map:
Typically, the player can choose at the beginning of game one of the 3 classes:
  • Barbarian
  • Witch Doctor
  • Wizard

Struggling with this one then, alone or in a team with huge monster crowds. In the map,
there are very many opponents,
albeit not very strong, making a reasonably
good hack'n'slash principle is to be achieved.
This are the Good Things of my Map:
  • hack´n´Slash principle
  • all terraintypes of Diablo 3: Deadly Dungeon -:- New Tristam -:- Borderlands
  • Diablo Fealing ... (i hope) :)
Here is a small Video of my Map...it shows only the terrain...but i hope you like thuis...^^

[IMG]http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae175/BlazeBird/Hive-Pictures/Screenshots_SchriftKopie.png[/IMG]
Game4.jpg
Game3.jpg
Game2.jpg
Game1.jpg

Recruitment:

Searching for:

• Modeller

• Skinner

• Triggerer [maybe vjass]

[IMG]http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae175/BlazeBird/Hive-Pictures/Heroes_Schrift.png[/IMG]

Barbarian_Char.png

I hope you like my project and when you have questions...ASK! :D

lg blazy

Last edited:
Level 12
Another Diablo III Project :) I am raring to see first screenshots and read more information of the project. Want you place all terrain types in one map? You will have much work. I wishes you good luck...

Level 14
What needs to happen is, get the "D3 modders" together and have them all make a campaign and add maps to as the places in D3 are revealed.

Thats my idea :D Also mid, boodys' map is epic looking. And open source :D

I don't want to be unsupportive, because if you really can do this, then I'm with you. Just some words: Why do you keep recreating the same concept over and over again? I mean, we had Lord of the Rings, people just kept creating this map over and over again and it was so boring after a while, that this concept became so old-fashioned. Now, we already have two really good mods, that can capture Diablo really well. So, now, Diablo is going to be the old-fashioned. What bonus features will you add, that motivated you to cast another mod on this concept?

Level 5
at first i thank all statments...^^
Midnighters said:
a think d3w its not the only d3-projekt
they are the map by na_dann_ma_gogo
and archian.

Azurot said:
its a good idea, but when you make a campain you cant play the game in multiple modus...and o think its one of the best things in diablo.^^

Pharaoh_ said:
yes. I also proof. I've been thinking too long about whether I would continue the map. What makes this particular map? I do not yet dismissed. However, I have the map for that very reason presented quite early, so that user can give me many tips and ideas ...^^
PS: i have added a few screenshots...i think they are not the best...because i think they lokks better ingame...^^

Level 14
The only thing that strikes me as different\better then Cloudwolfs version is the railings are closer to the real D3, which i really like! good job on it.

I know it's kinda lame i am comparing it to Cloudwolfs version of it, but you have to expect that right?

Level 17
An epic Diablo II project, maybe? <.<

No offense to the makers of the Diablo III projects, but I am beginning to find it tiresome. Why can't you all leave Diablo III alone? >.<

Level 5
@Azurot: It is clear to me they that cloudwolfs map compares with mine. and it is by far not so good but since you can still're working on it ...^^

@Nudl9: what you men with a different approarch...you mean they not started even time in the dungen.?

Level 14
Wait, how many Diablo 3 projects are there now?
Around 5? We got D:borderlands, D3:W, Archian's super awesome sexy D3, another random diablo dungeon with sexy physics, and now this one?

Perhaps a different approach would be nice.

Not only sexy physics but also sexy gameplay!

Level 5
soooo at the beginning, I just like to thank all the times that are at least a bit optimistic ...^^

@Midnighters: cloud wolfs map the happiness has it's first project was diablo 3 and was really good. diablo 3 times now since all the projects build on diablo, it is no wonder that they are similar in many things.

Level 17
Okay, just to keep it all nice here:

D3W created by Me, CloudWolf and the rest of the crew is sure the most popular one, but it is NOT the best one, i can promise you guys this.

The project by Archian is not even to talk about, it must be the most badass looking damn project in history, im in love with that project.

The borderlands, it is a very sexy and good looking project, it is based on D3W but i dont give a damn if it is or not, it is good anyway!

The "random one" like you say that is created by Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo is a really awesome project aswell, i think i would have to rate it 2nd place if we do not count with terrain.

This one also have some really badass terrain, i tell you, i love this project aswell, but sadly we do not have much information about this one yet.

I would rate them like this:
Archians project.
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGos project.
The borderlands.
Diablo 3 Warcraft, CloudWolfs project.
And then one last place, this map.

All Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo need is some epic terrain, other then that it is epic.
The border lands have a great future, i think it will become very popular.
Diablo 3 Warcraft will probably stay for a while, but the other projects will take care of the diablo 3 maps insted.
And then this one, if it turns out to have as great gameplay as graphics, it also have a great future.

And yes, it actually does look like you have copied our terrain from diablo 3 warcraft, but then edited it alot.
I mean, you use same destructibles in some places, the terrain goes the exact same path in some places, etc.
But does this really matter? No. D3W is open source and everyone is free to take whatever they want from it, as long as they give credits for it. So i hope you credit cloudwolf if the terrain actually is based on it, otherwise we will find out once the map is released, there is many ways to see such things.

Also, the only problem i have with this project is that it take place in the exact same area as diablo 3 warcraft?
Nothing new about it?

Level 5
thanks for this long answer...^^
i think allready that archians map is the best...^^

I am also aware that my map not look very promising (as it indeed is not yet ...^^) but i worked on it.

Although I dont think ... but I hope ... that the gamplay is as good as that of na_dann_ma_gogo ...^^

But for this I need one or several good triggerer.

I know that the terrain pretty well what it looks like ... the part actually is, with the basic principle for the same is not a strange ...^^
and of course I also give credits for cloud wolf.

I also know not what there will be new to the map ... but that's why I (as already mentioned this) project has introduced quite some time ... so I can express ideas and tips.

Level 5
in the last week i worked a little bit or a liitle bit more...on the map.
...in the next time i think i not worked more on the terrain.
ähm. yes. in the last i worked only on the classes...maybe i have compledet the barbarian.
...(the spells you see at the first site...)
now i worked for the two other calsses...(witchdoctor, wizard)
...i think they are very complicadeter, because its not to easy to mack a hack´n´slash game with this...
...but i do my best...^^
and when i finished this i make a little bit balancing and maybe upload the first demo...^^

Edit: I have uploadet a few ne ingamescreenshots...^^

Last edited:
Level 25
Actually there are two big Diablo III maps for WarCraft III. One of which is not released yet. There's one by CloudWolf and his team, which we all know of, and there's one by Archian and his team. You can find it at Wc3Campaigns or Mod DB.

Not sure if this Diablo III mod will be worth playing when it's done, but hey, make it anyway if it's fun! That's the whole point as a modder... have fun doing it, don't aim for attention. Though of course if you can do both, awesome!

Level 5
@craka J: yes. i know that here are better diablo maps that my...^^
...but i have fun at mapping and so its ok for me...^^
of course I hope that some people like the map...^^

@booody: yes. i hope. it looks better then i think at start...and at first i not added the monk...because i think he is to complicatred for me. when i make a good hack´n´slash the monk i think mmust jump al in the time :D and playing very fast. and i have problms to make the other classes. and already i think i make it when i make the borderlands...^^

Level 5
hm. ok.
the next time I will not have much time ... and I'm bored at the last time something ... so I will project the time for the next stop firstonce ... maybe I'll participate in other projects to ... to learn more ...^^
... But for one with your own personal project I have at the moment no time ...^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.