• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III Launching May 15 – Digital Pre-Sales NOW OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
4LY4XNQH69WN1331810245095.jpg

The End of Days approaches… Diablo III will be unleashed from the Burning Hells on May 15, and you can be ready to play the minute the servers go live by pre-purchasing the game digitally on Battle.net today.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/384..._–_Digital_Pre-Sales_NOW_OPEN-15_03_2012#blog

Level 22
There is no SC2 news, other than some fake version I didn't have the chance to play real one but I think the game is weak storywise, for gameplay it could be like D2 from what I've tested, making gems, socketing items, looks like Horadric Cube and some other features are now done by merchants. I'm not sure I will buy it at all as I dont have the time, nor the wish to spend too much money on games. HotS on the other hand.. I'd be from the first in line.

Level 14
It's funny how my mom knew the release date before i knew it

P.S. Diablo looks bad-ass,good thing they got rid of that all red hell fire skin color for diablo,black sure looks a lot better and horrifying

Level 3
What luck! Diablo, Diablo 2, and LoD have been my favorite games since i've first started gaming! AND DIABLO 3 RELEASES ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! EFFN A!!!!!!!!

Level 22
And so Blizzard, takes control of the popularity contest once again.

Wings of Liberty, Heart of The Swarm, Diablo III, Legacy of The Void, Diablo III Expansion.

I don't think I'll be buying it though, hacking and slashing shit to pieces never interested me.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It started back in 2000 but not. There is a difference between a project being on the table and actually being in full development.

I suspect Diablo III only entered full development after the first or second WoW expansion. Before then it would have been planning, concepts and other sorts of preperation.

Level 22
It started back in 2000 but not. There is a difference between a project being on the table and actually being in full development.

I suspect Diablo III only entered full development after the first or second WoW expansion. Before then it would have been planning, concepts and other sorts of preperation.

Yes, because graphically they wouldn't have had the computers to render the models and textures... I agree with everyone that it started in 2000, but as an idea, not a rendered scene.

Level 34
Diablo III was started after SC2 so it took it maybe 4 years definitely not a decade, as there was no 3D by Blizzard when Diablo 2 was released.
I meant since the release of Lord of Destruction.
It took them 4 years from announcement to release.

Level 13
Multiplayer fun is much more fun. You have real people like you helping you as opposed to some stupid AI players.

Thats a matter of taste. that being said I bet it would be more fun to play it when you choose the people yourself. Then again oppinions are there to be different.

On a different note, why do you think the single player experience won't be any fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.