• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo II Rebirth v0.41 [BETA]

So i started this project Years ago, i wanted to finish it but don't have much time. If i have time i will finish it but this could be years... Anyway to the map: I worked Hundrets of Hours on multiple years on this, now i think its time to release this as a "Beta" version , i don't want that this map dies.. it has good potential. The -Map is based verry near on Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction.
-It Contains all 5 Acts completly Desingned (over 38000 Doodats and Stuff) It is realy good Desingned for the Size of 5 Acts on one Map
-All Quests should be finished , but some are missing and won't be implemented because of Size Problems of each Act.
-Charakters are Amazon,Barbarian,Paladin,Sorceress,Asassine,Necromancer and Druid
-Everyone of them has finished "1" Skill Tree
-Only Sorceress and Asassine already have "3" Skill Trees Completed
-Items: There are Multiple Items (over 200) finished , Grey,Blue,Yellow and Green
Game Systems:
-WayPoint System is finished for Every Act and should be work (all Waypoints have their Position like in the Game
-Tp system works, but a little bit buggy ( You can't enter allys TP's and sometimes the text don't appears/ or on wrong position)
-Items Drop System works well. Small enemys drop weak items , champions drop good , bosses drop much...
-If you pick up gold it will be shared to all Players
-Shrines already exist on random positions and works for the player who click on them
-Enemy Spawn System is Random. Random amounts and Random Positions in every Act
-There are much unique Monsters,Champions spawned random
The Click System:
-Everywhere in the Map are Objects like Trees,Crates,Bodys.... and Shrines
You have to "Leftclick" with Mouse on them to Open them, then they drop some Items

Mercenarie/SummonedCreatures System:
-Mercenaries and summoned Creatures like Skeletons,Bears automatically moves arround your Hero and attacks. (moves to random Positions like D2)
-If your Hero are to far from them they will be beamed to him
-You can't controll them

Backpack/Skill Point System:
-You have a Backpack , you can select it by clicking on it. You can store items in it.
If your hero gets items until slot 6 all other items will be moved in the packpack Potions/TP's are stackable.
-IF you Lvl up you earn 5 Skill Points. Choose between Strenght,Agility,Dexterity,Vitality
-Press the Up arrow Key to select the Stat Box

WARNING: As i said this is Beta , i did a lot of tests , but i don't care for any Bugs or crashes. Map is full with lots of stuff. The BALANCE is verry early.

Each Hero Can be selected ONLY 1 TIME! (7Players-7Heros)

I don't know if i have time to work on this map , but plz test it and give comments, test the Multiplayer, say if it is fun, i want to know if all the years of work are worth it. At least i say Have Fun by playing and enjoy this. This map could be take Hours to play trough even in Multiplayer because its huge Size ;)

Change log Diablo 2 Rebirth .w3x v.0.38

Trigger
-----------------------------------------------------------
-Fixxed Minor Things/bugs i some systems
-----------------------------------------------------------
NEW:

-Added 126 New Items , including ALL Green SET ITEMS from Diablo 2 +LOD.
Including Class Items for Barbarian,Amazon,Druid, Necromancer and Asassine

Diablo 2 Rebirth v0.40 Changelog
-Green Cam Fixxed
-All Tootlips form spells have now correct Stats,Textes from Real Diablo 2
-Green Spawn/Move System Fixxed
-Championnames fixxed
-Now you gain more exp als lvl faster
-removed some laags
-removed bugs that you could take 2 items or more of a same type on any class
-Removed Mana completly from the game
-Added Fast Hotkey for potions
-Added new Potion System (Now wood is shown as your potions)
-Added Belt for Potions with maximal limit of 16
-Added Leaderboard for showin gyour Statpoints , now Statpoint system runs with variables
Dynamical Gameplay:
-set Summoned Units/Mercenaries, and Other units movemevntspeed to maximum
-set Hero and Enemy Units movementspeed to high
-set The life of Ranged attackers to low- verry low and gave them High damage
-set life of meele units to high and gave them fewer damage
-Added and fixxed boss trigger spells
-Fixxed some champions and now they all have "golden names"
-fixxd some items
-Shrines now change their color when used
-Removed spell immunity from all bosses,unique monsters because of imbalance
-Created more Balance for Singleplayer
-Removed double Quest Awards for backpack
-Reset Paladin holy bolt spell with Holy light
Atmosphere:
-Added Fog to Gravyard,Caves and Added wheatereffects to all Acts, Added wind in act 2, rain in act 3, snow in act 5
-added linear fog filters to all acts for more darker atmosphere
Skills:
-Changed Skills to : Beginning Select from 2 skills, 3. skill comes with lvl 8, 4th skill with lvl 18 and last skill with lvl 30
-Added Hotkeys for all Skills using this order (for all skills the same) E,R = Light Skills , T= use Potion, Z = Medium Skill , F = High Skill , H = Ultimate Skill
-Greatly Decreased Hero Life
-Set Hero Start Atributes to 10
-Set Aggility,Strenght,Vitality Bonus to 0.2, 0.3 Dmg, and 5 Health per Point
-Greatly Decreased the Life of Fallens,Quill Rats and other Monsters
-Fixxed the Fallen Shaman Revive Spell
-Added more Player balance
Spells:
-Changed some skills to trigger skills , soon the most skills will be trigger skills
-Fixxed Tp_Move Location, when you go trough a tp you now get exactly to the tp point not an random location in near of it
-Collision Sizes for Spawned Units Fixxed
-Tooltips Fixxed
-And much more Changes

v0.41 Changelog
-Mainly Terrain Changes on Act 1
-Terrain Changes on Act 3 (Bridges)
-Other Terrain changes on all Acts
-Removed some Fog Filters
-Some bugs fixxed
-More Balance

Host it on Bnet and test the multiplayer, and say if you found bugs or if the balance is shit that i can fixx that.

Keywords:
Diablo, Diablo 2 , RPG
Contents

Diablo II Rebirth v0.41 [BETA] (Map)

Reviews
14:18, 1st Nov 2009, by Rui: The team overall pointed out the fact the game is too fast-paced. Reviewed/commented upon by Lore-Wolf, redmarine, Billy the Cat, and Rui. Average rating of 2,67.

M

14:18, 1st Nov 2009, by Rui:
The team overall pointed out the fact the game is too fast-paced. Reviewed/commented upon by [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/diablo-ii-rebirth-v0-41-beta-105157/#post1362987]Lore-Wolf[/self], [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/diablo-ii-rebirth-v0-41-beta-105157/#post1362993]redmarine[/self], [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/diablo-ii-rebirth-v0-41-beta-105157/#post1362995]Billy the Cat[/self], and [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/diablo-ii-rebirth-v0-41-beta-105157/#post1363015]Rui[/self]. Average rating of 2,67.

Level 8
Hi,

@communist_orc:
I think, the problem would be, that the maker of the map cannot work with Jass.
And I saw, that one of these Systems need a special place of terrain. And the other Inventory-System (which is in TKoK RPG, too) is very, very hard to install. It's full of Jass and the maker have to do a lot of thinks for every item, until they work with these systems.

Kricz

Level 1
I like this map but isn't the first town named Rogue Encampment?(I've played this map little but it's still good)

Level 1
Really nice, one of the best Diablo 2 maps I played so far in WC3 (or the top best xD)!

Level 17
Here's my review:
- It lags or the minimum system recommendation required is way too high to play it.
- It's has long loading time.

- Nice sound effects.
- Many abilities.
- Large terrain.
- Nice mercenary walk around you system.
- Nice click on debris system to gain items.

- Improve the graphics of abilities and heroes, they look a bit boring.
Conclusion: It's worth a 4/5 and it's a very good diablo map. However, try to reduce the loading times and try to make it run more smoothly. Good luck!

Level 1
not to be mean but this map is pretty much garbage from what i've seen
your teeth on your poison necro requires mana.. so that didnt go to well when i played
mobs r so weak and yet bosses are super jacked

but i did like the sounds and the gold that droppped on the floor.. and when u left click destructibles items pop out.

terrain is nice except he walls that go all around the map

map deserves about 3/5 or less not to be mean... but needs lots of touchups and improvements....
trying to be of help but keep up the good work this could come out really nice

Level 1
there's some problem with the druid, his summon spirit wolf doesn't work. and also the necromancer has some problems too. there is no mana i the game but his first spell the tooth one needs 200 mana so it won't work

Level 19
Hmm, played this map today and must say that it reminds me of the classic old days of WarCraft III. Which is ofc a bit strange yet appealing.

Haven't tested the whole map but only until our party rescued Cain and had to leave because of dinner.

Anyway, overall the map was pretty decent however was too fast phased meaning that the heroes moved way too fast and a bit confusing.

I liked how you made the inventory easy to use but sometimes it just interfered when I simply wanted to move the camera using arow keys. I propose you add an bag ability to fix this. :p

Found it interesting how you divided the map into areas/regions which I kinda liked and the transportation platforms were awesome and definitely something I liked.

Overall I would rate the map 3/5 as acceptable especially because of the classic 'old' feel which makes it awesome.

Last edited:
Level 18
This map looks very nice and it's fun to play.

Although I got some problems with it:
-I didn't really notice that units got stronger in the first parts (except for bosses).
-Item drops seemed random all over.
-The map bugged for other players when going to the East.
-Some spells didn't appear to have a cooldown so they could be spammed.
-Gameplay was fast paced, a bit too fast paced perhaps. Lag could easily kill you.
-I was level 6 before it bugged and my ulti required level 30. Can I reach that level?
-Nothing drops Amazon items...

It's a very large map and it's quite good, but it lacks on some details and it felt more like just killing the same units over and over. The problems a lot of rpg maps got.

I give the map a 3/5

Note: Perhaps using Esc instead of The up arrow key is a little idea :p

Edit: and like Rui mentions: The Introdutcion message is too long.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "Diablo II Rebirth [BETA]" (v0.41), by X-OOM

A map I'll characterize as banal, "Diablo II Rebirth", by X-OOM, is a Medieval RPG which attempts to copy no more no less than Blizzard Entertainment's game.To start off, the description here presented is too large. I am sure it could use some rectification.
On the game itself, you start out by choosing one of the seven available classes: Sorceress, Amazon, Barbarian, Paladin, Assassin, Necromancer, and Druid. Once this is done, you will pick an element for your hero (I picked the Sorceress and was offered to choose between Fire, Ice and Lightning), and you're good to go.
The first thing you'll notice is that things run way too fast. You spend just a little more time picking your hero and you'll find your partners are already fighting the creeps. The whole game just runs too fast: sometimes it is impossible to catch up with what's going on.The amount of items dropped is ridiculous. We played the graveyard mission (the first part of the game, that is) and a little part of the second, and the creeps dropped four or five Eagle Staffs (a weapon for the Sorceress, the hero I was playing). More derisive is the fact my hero started off with a better weapon. On the other hand, I could use items such as Hard Leather Armors and Tower Shields. Bags of gold can also drop, but you better keep an eye out for them; they're nearly invisible.At the encampment, I also found no items – besides potions – worth buying, so if you've got «ninjas» in your team, don't worry, you most likely won't need those items or gold (if you're a melee hero, you'll most likely be standing closer to the items when they drop), at least not for survival.
The terrain is not ugly, but still, at best, elementary – not enough to make up for the gameplay (if there's anything that can make up for it). Finally, a few spells lacked cooldown, and items for the Amazon did not seem to drop.Confusing, passive and banal. These are the adjectives I'd use for this map. If this is Diablo II, thank god I didn't buy it.My rating is 2/5 (Lacking). I have tested this map in a private game with Lone-Wolf, Billy the Cat, redmarine and Tanker-Commander.

Level 2
WOW in 20 minutes of play i found alot of bug and major one , first when i see a chest i click on it ok , item spawn , i click like crazy 100 spawn, after that is it normal that i can wear 3 sword LOL , but i cant wear helmet strange plus my stats giver have try to take an item so one item is laying near it , barbarian is a joke , like battle cry is so powerful stun suck , bash suck to , and how the fuck can i go to lvl 30 when creep at act 2 are lvl 1 ??????? and random stuff is like a bit wierd when u move on in the game you are suppose to have better item not 1000 bad item spawn form one creep kill, battle cry numbre are wrong i count nearly 65 % at lvl 9 of the spell when it suppose to be 18% plus if u put that number barbarian suck ass , really so find a way to balance it but normally barbarian do area dmg , and wear 2 axes plus de fact that str give +0,33 dmg hum wow great deal it serve at nothing , in the real game it a percentage of your own dmg add , if you want to do a copy do it right , the mercenarie u can hire wow worst thing i ever see if u give him item and he die he doesn't drop them so u lost them plus you cant revive him wow big deal . bad terrain what i mean is i can attack throught wall , and i kill andariel with my mercenarie , next to the portal i attack her so ok , the fact that u cant control wat potion u have like super normal , it a bit wierd you really need to introduce the diablo item system to resolve alot of problem i give 3/5 because u have done something great but it can be better

mercanarie steal exp