• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Devour / Load Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey, im making an ability for a bed so that when you load / devour your own unit, it regenerates its mana (energy) whilst in the bed. Im not really sure if this can be done because ive tried loading a unit into the bed and just giving it a mana regeneration ability but it doesnt work as it will regen (for a short period) when it steps out of the bed (not being in the bed). I know the kodo beast devour cargo ability has a Data field for damage per second, but it doesnt have one for mana regen per second. Its not possible to add a data field to the loading cargo ability?

Level 5
triggering it

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I decided to just do this with triggers and not worry about auras and buffs ect. Now im able to increase his mana in the bed by a periodic trigger, thats working fine. Its just when he exits the bed it doesnt stop the mana regeneration. Theres no event to detect if a unit is unloaded from a transport. At the moment, ive tried when a unit enters and when it exits a region, with the regions surrounding the bed, but it doesnt work unless they move slightly. U got any ideas?

Edit: figured out how to do it, it was just the event: unit within range. problem solved.

Last edited:
Level 3
Could you post your trigger and how you finished this ability? I'm pretty curious to how it's done and I really just want to learn my triggering better.

Status
Not open for further replies.