• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Detecting when a player pings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Basically I'm needing help in doing one of the two things. Either make all pings any player makes viewable by other players, despite the fact that they arent on the same team, OR find some way to detect when a ping happens and then do some actions based off that.

Level 13
i haven't checked the event registering section lately, but i doubt you'd be able to find anything...if you could, great. point it out. i feel like the other way is also not possible, which is a shame. it seems there isn't enough team customizability in warcraft 3 imo. they don't even have the old school team melee, but it is good that teamplay in ladder in general is better in warcraft 3 over starcraft.

Level 13
You could always disable pinging by some fashion and then trigger it in with an ability.

so you want everyone to have to like have a unit hotkeyed to 1 or 0 or whatever and use some no effect ability anywhere on the map and then at that location there will be a ping? seems like a hassle...but i guess if there's no other way...haha. another thing to make it easier would be make the unit have a hero box or make it be a worker. then players wouldn't have to hotkey it. although hotkeying would probably be a good idea anyway. and i guess you'd want to do that anyway if you wanted the unit to not have a visible model.

Level 6
eh i suppose i might have to make it an ability.... i wonder if i can use a spellbook with a bunch of modified attack abilities so that a player can target the minimap via the modified attack spell and choose the player whom they want to see the ping, and just trigger the ping... yeah, that just might do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.