• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Detecting root/uproot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is here a way how to detec ct when the ancient roots and when it uproots? I treied all "* ability" events and none of them worked. The only way I know is detecting orders, but...it it really bad.

Thanks for replies

Level 3
The only way I know is detecting orders, but...it it really bad.

There is a problem, that this triggers when the unit is ordered to root somewhere, not when it really roots. The ancient may have to roun over one half of the map and the trigger would fire.

Level 6
Just_Spectating, have you tested it out? I think i tested it out, but it didnt work.

The unroot works with order, since it has no target.

You should ask in the JASS forum, maybe someone there can write a code for you.

Level 3
I know JASS, I just don't think there is something JASS can do better in this case. The unroot is ok, but root is still problem.

To Just_Spectating:
I treied all "* ability" events and none of them worked.

I also tried to check whether the unit is building or not (I thought the ancient is building only when rooted), but I realized it is building all the time.

Maybe you will manage to help me if I tell the purpose: I want to make the ancient regenerate itself on a very fast rate when rooted. That's all, sound very simple :(.

hmmm.. it doesnt have to be a building. you can make a unit look like the "tree of life" or w/e your unit looks like, and give it metamorphasis ability to change into a unit or even a building with 1000 regeneration or somthing and has no movement. This allows no triggering and may be a little helpful. Also it will cast right away rather than targeting a point. hope that helps a bit. i DID test this one this time and It works quite nicely

Last edited:
Level 34
Isn't there an action that detects when an ability is finished? So instead of using Issued and order or starts the effect, you could do a finishes root? Not sure about that though.

• Root
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(root))
    • Actions
      • -------- Do what you want --------

that doesnt work, and Gilles, that doesnt work either. Ive already tested that way and it doesnt detect the root, also when the unit is issued, Right when its issued then it will do the action, rather then when it roots.

Level 34
Dragoon, he wants it to begin regenerating when it's actually rooted into the ground, not when you tell it to.

Level 18
ok use the "Unit-Is issued and order targeting a point" and then conditions "Issued Order Equal to Root" then go Set Root_Loc=Target point of issued order" then "Set Rooter_Loc=Ordered Unit" then go "Wait until Distance between Rooter_Loc and Root_Loc = to zero" then do whatever actions you need, and that should in theory detect when it is rooted or just about to, although i cant test it as i am not on my normal computer

Level 40
Detect the order like they've suggested, then use Wait for Condition to wait until the unit is at the correct area.

EDIT: Blarg, didn't notice famousskper's post

I know JASS, I just don't think there is something JASS can do better in this case.
Atleast it can't do anything worse =). And due to locals, yes it can do stuff better. (MUI the above suggestion)

Status
Not open for further replies.