• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing Uproot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm looking for a way to remove and re-add uproot to a unit, but when I do that the ability bugs out and my unit can't move anymore when I cast uproot after it's been added. Is there a way to fix this? I'm using a custom 'spellbook' system (I basically add/remove spells when you look inside the 'spellbook') and I'd like for the Uproot spell to not be visible while the spellbook is open.

I know there's a way to hide spells using some complicated mixture of morph and engineering upgrade, but since my unit has all sorts of abilities that are swapped in and out all the time, it might be preferable to try something else first.

Any suggestions?

The Uproot spell isn't inside the 'spellbook'. The spellbook itself is not actually the spellbook spell, I just used a dummy ability that when clicked adds a list of new abilities to the unit's command card and a cancel button to return to the previous configuration with the dummy spellbook.

The Uproot spell should only be visible outside the spellbook.

I need to be able to switch out spells when looking inside the spellbook because some of them have requirements (like specific buildings need to be built) - it's for a custom build system. Eg: if a building finishes construction while I'm looking at the list of buildings from the biuild menu, the 'spell' that had a requirement is switched out for a version that can be cast.

I look into disabling the spell. It seems like it could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.