• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Details of Custom Sound and Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have a line of questions:

1. How much kbps do sounds and music have in WC3?

2. How good quality can imported sounds get? (Limit of kbps for instance)

3. Should I be worried about using too much data space with custom music? What if I use something like this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/8-mb-map-size-limit-remover-250058/

4. Anything else thats good to know about importing sounds and music?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

3. 8mB size limit remover should be avoided. it modifies the client's properties, and it's only a local change, a hack if you will.

1. kbps = kilobit per second? You can check the bitrate of sounds by importing them I guess

2. dunno

4. dont import too much, leave space for some else stuff too. although fitting music is great addition to any map

Level 15
1. How much kbps do sounds and music have in WC3? :
If you export them , you can just detect how much bitrate they have, but I think it's 96 Kbps, 44000 Hz
2. How good quality can imported sounds get? (Limit of kbps for instance)
I think it's 128 , I've never noticed the difference between 128 KPBS and 256 KPBS but only the size of the file -__-, unless my eyes are low poly
3. Should I be worried about using too much data space with custom music? What if I use something like this 8 MB Map Size: Limit Remover
If you want your map to be played in Battle.net and other legal proxies, then you should worry, unless you want it to be played only in LAN proxies.
4. Anything else thats good to know about importing sounds and music?
If you want to import many sounds taking care for the 8MB to not be reached, then you have to use Audacity or Format Factory to lower the quality of the music but not that much to affect its awesomeness, you can convert it to 64kbps and 44000 Hz, this won't affect the quality, but indeed it will affect the size really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.