• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

desync's will be the death of me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey ya'll, attached is a map I've been working on. I was happy to finally have the map complete to only be punched in the face with desync's. After a day of trial and error I can't figure it out...
If anyone has the time, I could use another set of eyes to take a look.

And if you can't tell from the triggers: yes, I am new to map making.

Thanks for your time :)
- Rob

Attachments

• Sheep Tag Sparkle v1.0.w3x
    10.8 MB · Views: 31
Level 2
You're going to have to give us more to work with. What happens when the desync occurs? Attach a replay where a desync occurs and give us the time stamp.

Attached is the latest version + a replay where I desync'd @ 2:45 (ends game for me). It's not specifically me that desync's - any 2-3 people are desync'd at once for a reason I don't know.

sorry for the in-game text - had some salty ppl playing.

I've closely watched replays trying to nail down what actions may be causing the desync's but nothing was really standing out except one. In one game I used a text command "be" to "buy enrage" (I was DG, player 11). This led to three people being immediately desync'd (replay is old version I don't have). After that, I disabled all the buy/sell triggers and tried again - still had desync's.

- Rob

Attachments

• Sheep Tag Sparkle v1.0.w3x
    10.8 MB · Views: 49
  • sts desync 27may.w3g
    34 KB · Views: 41
Level 2
Two more replays with desync's. The 3.26 replay was two other players desync'ing (not me).

- Rob

Attachments

• sts desync 3.26.w3g
    55.2 KB · Views: 30
  • sts desync 5.24.w3g
    55.3 KB · Views: 36
Level 3
Try using default gameplay constants, and seeing if that fixes some desync issues. I had a map I worked on where we edited the creep aggro range via gameplay constants and it would cause desyncs often. Resetting it to normal fixed it for us. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.