1. The contestants were to create water structures for the 20th Terraining Contest. Choose one in the public poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Desert AoS

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Sorccerer, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Sorccerer

Sorccerer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm making an AoS. Its based in ancient Egypt and Demons had just come out from hell and are invading Egypt. They have established a base near the Egyptian City. 6v6 players can be either on the Egyptian side, or the Demon side. Each one has custom heroes, abilities, and items. I hope to incorporate a Points system and a CTF aspect of the game.

I am creating the heroes, most of the abilities, icons and some spells. But ill need more help. I need someone thats good at making terrain. I need someone thats good with JASS although i can manage if i don't find one. And some triggers.

Ill appreciate any help i can get. Either the people I need or just comments on the game.
    Thanks

~Sorccerer

2. StasMaN

StasMaN

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry for being off topic , but how can you make a 6v6 fight and still control the computers ?

3. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    To be valid, you need it to be 5v5 or 4v4.

Do like the idea though.

4. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Thats so untrue, you can do it with 6 vs 6, but you need then 2 computers, additional computers, its like in DoE, its quite hard to setup, but its possible.

5. Fengik

Fengik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Egypt and demons does not blend too much, how about beings from the death-realm? but overall the idea seems quite interesting

6. redscores

redscores

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Demons and Egypt blends good i think, egypts had demons too... think about it... its something new, which i like.

7. Sorccerer

Sorccerer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Im also thinking of putting a different camera view in it then in most maps; Have an over the shoulder (camera behind your hero and following it when and where you move).

8. Shade987

Shade987

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's really not that hard to set up 6v6. You use ally neutral extra and neutral victim with the two respective teams. There are a lot of other little things that you need to do to make it work, but you can look it up.

9. SILLYbear

SILLYbear

Resources:
    Resources:
    there are 12 user player slots

+ 2 neutrals (hostile and passive)

+ 2 HIDDEN neutrals (extra and victim)

that makes 16

you can use all 12 player slots on users like in 6v6, have 2 'team-faction players'
    and 2 neutrals. alliance/hostility can be changed by triggers

P.S.
    sorcerer, if youre gonna implement that kind of camera in your AOS map, you better make it single-lane /simple-lane / simpe-layout or its gonna be really difficult to coordinate stuff within the team. can't imaging planning a gank/informing 'watchouts'/chasing enemy heros in the forest in dota with a 1st-person / over-the-shoulder camera; it could be done IF the lane/whatever were simple enuff.

10. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you tried your extra playrs' AI in-game? I was doing same as you, but then I noticed that they have own AI and might micro units and so. So I had to go for P11 and P12 as comps..