• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desecration

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
(2)Desecration
The sacred Night Elven groves are being desecrated; it's only a matter of time when they are destroyed. Rush to defend the homeland, or be decimated with it.

This is the terrain I used for my entry on the Hero Contest # 6.
Features:
6 Green Camps
8 Orange Camps
6 Red Camps
2 Fountains of Power
4 Mercenary Camps
2 Goblin Merchants

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Players are suggested to team up for better gameplay.
Update: Fountains of Power are now easier to access on your side.

Keywords:
Desecration
Contents

Desecration (Map)

Reviews
22:25, 6th Dec 2012 Orcnet: see my comment
Level 28
Wait wait wait,

So you imported something? Where is the credit?

Review:

It looks like this map was purely made to be a team vs team melee map since the bases are near to each other, though that seems to be a nice idea there is a problem about this, if enemy teams got randomly selected to share your base.. then it will be equal restart.

Anyway the terrain seems to be flat and empty and the use of tile variation is not that good either, also its not that advisable to use the blight tile since professional melee players always take note that blight = undead which is always a tough race to play. I also advise that you should put more trees on the starting base since 2 teams share a base and trees will be scarce. Anyway i can't check more since I can't open it on world editor and can't check what took the map to be that big. Anyway its symmetric but the terrain is design is below average.

I shall rate this melee map 1/5 for now.

P.S.
Try to learn how to mirror terrain.

A review coming from:

Level 30
tested the game unfortunately it needs more improvement, 1.76mb is too big for a melee map I look inside and spot unused imports that's why you take too much file size, looks like you forgot to clean the map based from the HC#6 template you made am I right? :)
1.jpg

also I suggest the player limit to: 1v1 because the map is too small and the destination for all players are somehow stick to each other and else. this can cause a game situation problem among players that are not allied or probably playing FFA, remember the error what Ice Crown(RoC map) did to their team locations

the blight tile is meant for UD players, that tile set is not meant as a decor but more of a strategic application for the undead(blizzard also made an item for it its called "Sacrificial Skull" it releases a blight ground around the caster)

the trees near to team base is rather few this is an important resource also the map's concept is Anshenvale getting some sort of invasion of an entity probably orc, demon, etc. so the landscaping should look like ashenvale forest with smashed out enviroments and stuff, and finally the use of the Goblin Laboratory is it meant for the fountain of power? probably yes that is kinda inferior to a small map how about just make a small ramp for players to go in and make up a strong or moderate level creep/s guarding it, also not sure why you also have to place a way gate.

overall the map is cool but since your main objective for the map is 'small yet approving' find useful tuts about melee maps, or for some quick view look into 2 player maps hope you can understand, good luck with the updates :)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_120612_215328_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120612_215328_01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 152
  • WC3ScrnShot_120612_215835_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120612_215835_02.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • WC3ScrnShot_120612_220139_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120612_220139_03.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • WC3ScrnShot_120612_220229_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_120612_220229_04.jpg