• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demon/Undead Theme Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Dead Line
People will be give 3 weeks to finish the map. This gives enough time to have a good amount of maps done and several good ones.

Requirements
The map must be original.
The map must have zombies/undead/demons as main characters (does not have to be player-controlled).
The map should be an RPG or an ORPG. +10 points if it's an ORPG.

Scoring
XX/25 Originality (how unique is it)
XX/10 Humor (small jokes or puns)
XX/35 Theme (How well it fits in)
XX/30 Popular vote (not sure how to judge this)

Last edited:
Level 9
Why don't you try a mini-game contest? It's easier. There is already minigame contests, but you could try, the theme is different.

And don't take badly our suggestions, we just give our opinion, you state your idea for a contest and then you should analyse our suggestions to change the contest to make him worth of approval.

Last edited:
Level 9
And make another thing, give a lot more info. Build a structured list of rules and stuff of the contest. Search around, find approved contests and take ideas to that list.
Now an hint: why don't you increase the theme of the contest or give a theme that could involve more possibilities of the creation of mini-games.
Mini-games are very simple and easy to do, but sometimes hard to do an original, open the possibilities.
I was about to start making an mini-game and I saw your contest, this really doesn't matter, but if you choose another theme to the contest and my ideas fit on it, I'm in!

Level 5
He I tried making a game that fitted into this catagory. I like the theme. This is how my game looks like. Zombie rules of conduct. Those who don't listen lose.

Hope you don't mind if I try to make some rules based on what was stated earlier.

Dead Line
People will be give 3 weeks to finish the map. This gives enough time to have a good amount of maps done and several good ones.

Requirements
The map must be original.
The map must have zombies/undead/demons as main characters.
The map can be mini-games but doesn't have to be presice.

Scoring
XX/25 Originality (how unique is it)
XX/10 Humor (small jokes or puns)
XX/35 Theme (How well it fits in)
XX/30 Popular vote (not sure how to judge this)

Hope this gets accepted, Very fun to think of ideas.
Stage 1: Zombies hate water and like blight
Stage 2: Zombies don't cheat
Stage 3: Zombies take shortcuts
Stage 4: Zombies are forgetful
Stage 5: Zombies wouldn't have played this long. GG
My five stages for my map :)

Level 2
so considering if it were a properly written thread, what kind of idea did you have in mind? making something like island defence or tree tag or sheep tag or hatchling tag? lol....
:xxd:

Level 3
Sorry for not responding for so long, my area lost power for awhile, and thus internet. My original idea was an ORPG. Pyritie, thanks for that pointer. I'll change it back to ORPG. And I'll use daw_guy's format. Thanks everyone.

Level 2
why couldnt anyone associate with something interesting...new and exciting...like pandaren wariors bashing up undead? rofl

Level 3
Note: The best entry for each category gets full points. others are based on how they did compared to the best entry for that category.

Level 34
No ORPG. You may get one person to join, and he/she will not finish. Judging would be a bitch.

Maybe a small single player RPG map (You seem to be keen on RPG). Something similar to When the Freedom Slips Away. A smallish map (set a max size of map) with a bunch of "undead/scary" themed quests. I'd try my hand at it.

Also single player is easy to evaluate.

Level 3
Gilles. I'm guessing RPG's are for single player, and ORPG's for Beetle (Battle) Net? If you won the contest with a couple entrant's you would show that you can make a variety of map's if you normally don't do ORPG's.

READ Dan van Ohllus. IT SAYS ORPG OR RPG. NOT RTS.

Level 3
Thanks for telling me the difference Pyritie. I still think the way i have it now is good. You don't have to do an ORPG, but you have a better chance of winning if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.