• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demon/Chaos Discusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im stuck with ideas. im working on a demonic race (obviously its undead >.>)
and this is a custom melee map (u harvest, build and destroy)
the chaos race im doing...
i need ideas for more chaos demon, or possessed human elites (we're talking about stuff like warhammer 40k... no swords, bows and stuff, just laser sord, machine gun, tanks... but demonic)
note that i only need ideas for units, not structure (i got that part taken care of thank you very much!)
thx
this is like poll i guess
sorry if this is in the wrong place

PS: obviously i wont take all the suggestions... but plz throw in all ur twisted, dark, disgusting, fetish dreams... XD

Level 17
- Corrupted machines like in Warhammer 40k, The Dark Crusade.

- Giant demons that can be summoned, ofcourse they are big and can take alot of punishment.

- Foot soldiers that have been mixed with demon blood making them go insane, they have a small limiter (amulet) on their body and they can take it off.
When they take it of they can't controll themselfs, killing everything around them and the exploding after a while! =D

It's not that hard to be creative...
Oh an other one!

- Foot soldiers that can blend together making some massif abomination. It can shoot using a massif gun but it will also grow every 10 seconds. After 5 min it will explode dealing damage as if it was a nuke! =D

Level 17
Yeh, when big guy dies alot of smaller suicidal guys spawn, sounds good. ^^

And yes, that amulet or w/e u want to use is to keep your men sanitised. If they take it off chaos will fully controll them and drive them made, making them kill everything around them and after a while it becomes to much for their body to handle and they die.
Seems good for a last resort kind of thing, ofcourse when they take that amulet off they grow in power alot. ^^

Yet it's you who is going to use it so change w/e u want to make it fit a image you like better. ^^

Level 13
Hmm, when the big guys explodes, why not make the smaller guys able to reform into the bigger guy after some time. (Give them a merge spell, set a CD on it or require mana that regenerates til they have enough to reform) There has to be enough of them to do it though. It would create a strategy for the opposing team to try to destroy the smaller guys before the bigger guys or risk absolute chaos.

Other ideas: Corrupted machinery. Tanks with spikes on the front that grind enemies they ram against. They collect torn body parts both on the field and from damaging enemies, and can create mutant creatures from them.

Spittoon Hounds: Demonic beasts that are hosts to a race of hell wyrms. The hounds carry and drop off the wyrms, which are stationary otherwise.

Hmm, when the big guys explodes, why not make the smaller guys able to reform into the bigger guy after some time. (Give them a merge spell, set a CD on it or require mana that regenerates til they have enough to reform) There has to be enough of them to do it though. It would create a strategy for the opposing team to try to destroy the smaller guys before the bigger guys or risk absolute chaos.

Other ideas: Corrupted machinery. Tanks with spikes on the front that grind enemies they ram against. They collect torn body parts both on the field and from damaging enemies, and can create mutant creatures from them.

Spittoon Hounds: Demonic beasts that are hosts to a race of hell wyrms. The hounds carry and drop off the wyrms, which are stationary otherwise.

becuz the smaller guys are suicidal, they have their suicidal ... ability auto cast.. so b4 u can control them (if they're in a mob of enemy) they'll blow them self up! (which is kindda nice, u can just charge ur huge meat bomb into a group of mob, let that guy wack a few time, then die, then u'll make a pleasent "hole" in ur enemy mob after ur bomb died XD)

uhm.. about ur hell wym... wat does it do?....
i do have a demon unit called "horror", basicall it plays the same roll as a zerg zergling (if u kno wat that is XD), i am considering giving my horrors mana points. when mana point reaches zero, the horror will act as a creep and it will not come back to your control even if its mana recharges (that means horrors are very vunerable to mana burning units, like a human flame tank, it burns mana fast, but its melee artillary)

basically the chaos race is: its very assult oriented, lack defensive ... anything, use powerful/dead spell/unit/affect, and very VERY hard to predict what will happen.
so basically when u play chaos, ur kindda like gambling, becuz almost every chaos spell/unit i added have relatively high hp/dmg comparing the human race. But there is a trade off, u can easily kill ur own units, or drive them insane which will either make them uncontrol able (and also maybe increase thri combat ability, but then again u dont kno if they're gonna fight ur enemy or ur own units) or, ur powerful spell back fired (for watever reason) and made your own unit useless.

if u want, i can send u a demo of only human race XD

Level 13
Hell wyrm would be a burrowing unit with ranged attack. They could pop up right under an enemy and the enemy wouldn't have any idea that the hell wyrm was there. If you kill it, the head detaches and attacks anything in sight.

You could muster up a ton of hell wyrms in one place and then BAM. The spittoon hounds are their carriers, but have offensive capabilities. You could build them like a zerg so that if people wanted to they could mass them and hell wyrms together, or mass hounds for the wyrms alone. You could make the hell wyrms an optional upgrade.

In this you'll definently be looking for unpredicatability in your units.

Level 13
Well, the hell wyrm is stationary, meaning he doesn't move. Rather, he burrows into the ground and waits for an enemy to becomes close enough, similar to an antlion, then attacks. If the Hell Wyrm dies, there's a chance his head will live on and attack anything in sight.

You could make it that the head gains mana, and at full mana regrows. That would actually improve his movability limitations.

Imagine a whole army of hell wyrms hiding beneath the surface of an area. The enemies rush into the area, and the hell wyrms pop up and attack, ambushing them. After the onslaught several heads are left, which can writhe off to some other spot and regenerate. Then, that's their new home unless a demonic host comes and picks them up and drops them off somewhere else. Thus, the hell wyrms would never be in the same place for long, and they'd be a real pain in the ass to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.