• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demise of the Death God, i need to know how i could imporve the terrain :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Heya, Some of you knows my current project. Project name: Nothing Boring About Borean aka Demise of the Death God. I'd love to hame some info how i could make my terrain better. Here is some screenies.

173034-albums2304-picture20596.png

173034-albums2304-picture20597.png

173034-albums2304-picture20595.png

173034-albums2304-picture20722.png

For more screenies go to my album :fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/173034-albums2304.html

Comments, ides and critic please

Level 36
Thats looking quite awesome, and for the ruins I have no other suggestions than maybe to keep it a bit cleaner and find a better wall model, as is right now, that medhival wall thing looks a bit... streched. For the most part, in general, just find awesome imports and use them :p You seem to know your way around doodad placement, so I wont comment on that part.

However, for the outside part, I would suggest you get rid of those wc3 trees and replace them with some imported trees. And that just about concludes it for my part.
Good work.

Level 18
this looks pretty nice.

As keiji said, your doddad placement is pretty neat. But to help you improve your terrain :

1) Loose the Weather Fog, and instead use Editor scenario Fog, which uses X and y values. I suggest since its a scary castle, to have black fog, or an eryie blue/purple fog. ( make sure X value is 0 )

2) Polish the terrains. the 3rd one looks a bit slooppy, probably because of the strange height variation and the Blight tileset. Perhaps you can keep the blight tileset, but fix the height variation, and instead add rocks spiking out of the ground to make it seem like the ground is "ruined"

3) use better wall models. Try and locate good models from the UTM.

other then that, its looking pretty good. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.