• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The case of the green boxes (I need some help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I don't really know if I ended up at the right forum, but anyway.
I am a normal terrain creator who like most other people, uses the ultimate terrain map. I got a few pieces of nice terrains over the time, and was very happy with my work, though I never took time to take any screenshots.

anyway, one day (today), when I loaded my jungle map to continue my project, 90% of all the models I used had got the "Couldn't load ........" problem, and my whole map had turned into a chaos of green boxes!

When I saw it, I started to fear for the safty of my other terrain maps, and loaded them. What I found in the other maps, was even more green boxes :sad:.

So, can anyone tell me why it havn't happened until know, how I can restore it, if I even CAN restore it, etc etc. Thank you for reading.

Level 3
I tried to restart the WE, but it didn't work :sad:. and no, I didn't change the pathnames.
Well, thank you for trying to help anyway.

Level 34
This has happened to me. They just seemed to fix themselves, no idea what does it, or how to fix it. It's never stayed permanent for me.

Level 3
Oh, I hope you'r right Gilles, thanks :) And thank you too FamousPker49.
If anyone knows anything more about this, please replay.

Level 22
uh... its happened to me once in my altered melee map, i got really annoyed and i couldnt fix it, so i re-imported all the models, and then it worked. i found out that one of the models i was using was corrupted or something, so i took it out. maybe thats the problem? i dont know...

Level 3
As it was in all the terraining maps (made from the ultimate terraining map) there are alot of models, and re-importing them would probebly be imposible, as I haven't even got the models myself. Thanks anyway ghost.

Level 12
I am experiencing that problem at this moment. Ok, I am making an altered melee map, and I made a massive terrain for it.

Now, All the models worked, but when I got up to wanting to make the Orc base, all the barrens doodads just magically stopped working, although they worked before.

Interestingly enough, they now work again, and a new section of doodads has ceased to work (tiles and castla, castle etc).. really weird. At least this proves that it fixes itself (and breakes itself) xD

How very annoying. Hope this helps :p you'll just have to terrain other areas of your map until they work again. Make sure to save and reload the map and WE heaps.

Good luck :thumbs_up:

Level 3
Hi agin, I just noticed this is happening to more of my maps, wich is anoying me very much, anyway, thanks hellblazer for you backup.

Level 3
Ok, problem solved, thanks everyone for your help! I think I reped all those who were helpful to me, anyway, thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.