• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Delete unit cause crash. Any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have a large map with about 1000 custom units, now i want delete some none use units. But when i press delete a unit, World Editor crash, even i export unit data and import to a blank map then delete but it still crash. Does any one here have any solution?
2021-01-28_214433.png
2021-01-28_214604.png

Attachments

• 2021-01-28_214433.png
    2021-01-28_214433.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Level 9
If you don't remove units in the text file properly (like added characters, or deleting part of the lines of a units), then the map won't convert back.
The conversion also doesn't create triggers properly, so you will have to copy and paste it from your backup (but it's just one click).
Another bug with this software is that it doesn't seem to recognize the abilities Berserker Strength (icon) and Reinforced Defense (icon). But if you don't have those you will be fine.
Another thing is that if you use unit four letter codes with some strange characters (like H0@#) it might not convert properly.

Just make sure to use a backup.

Level 6
If you don't remove units in the text file properly (like added characters, or deleting part of the lines of a units), then the map won't convert back.
The conversion also doesn't create triggers properly, so you will have to copy and paste it from your backup (but it's just one click).
Another bug with this software is that it doesn't seem to recognize the abilities Berserker Strength (icon) and Reinforced Defense (icon). But if you don't have those you will be fine.
Another thing is that if you use unit four letter codes with some strange characters (like H0@#) it might not convert properly.

Just make sure to use a backup.
Thanks. I will try it now.

Level 21
1000 units... aren't you hitting some limits here?
I only vaguely remember something about 500 custom abilities, which can lead to overriding one another.

Level 6
I only vaguely remember something about 500 custom abilities, which can lead to overriding one another.
My map have 1k units (now have 850 after deleteed some units), 860 items, 850 destructibles, 2300 abilities, 550 buffs.

zam

zam

Level 3
There is no such thing as hitting a limit when putting alot of units/abilities you can have thousands or ten or even hundred thousands of them if you want.

Level 14
Well, @zam is partly right.

@datsatthune : Given the situation you got in, I'm pretty sure the cause is from your WE version, related to unit ID. If you use older WE versions (1.27), copy/paste some units from newer WE maps (1.28) and try to remove them with older WE version, then it will crash. Just update your WE or use newer ones, then delete them using the new maps (import Object Data as you previously mention). It will work.

Last edited:
Level 6
Try using a more recent version of World Editor. 1.21 is very old and believe it or not Reforged did fix a number of bugs while the classic team was working on it.
Wow! I open that blank map with imported 1000 custom units in world editor of reforged, and delete units super smooth, not have any delay or crash.
As for why I don't use newer versions because 99% war3 players of my country are using 1.24e version to play online. So I have no choice when making maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.