• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defend the Castle v3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
R0llingstone Presents
Defend the Castle
Created by R0llingstone
Map Info

- Choose your heroes
- Defend your Castle from waves
- Destroy Enemy's Castle to win
Features

- Heroes to Choose
- 20 Creep Waves (+3 Bonus Waves)
- Cool Item's Effect

Screenshots and Videos

Image Description:
Terrain Screenshoot (From Warcraft 3 World Editor)

jkdkap.jpg

Image Description:
Sorry, Will be add later :D

- NEW Hero (Assasin)
- Fixed Bugs
- Updated Terrain!
- New GamePlay!
- Creeps Spawn Like DotA
- New Skills and Items
- Harder Waves!
- No More Boring for this :D

- NEW HERO (Assaulter)
- Fixed Bugs
- Revive Fixed
- etc.

- New Item (Ultimate Orb)
- Changed Hero skills
- Fixed Bugs
- Fixed Creep Waves.
- New Version :D

Credits

Special Thanks:
- My Clan Crew
- Me~
- Server OpenGamers (indonesia)

Keywords:
WarCraft, Defend, The, Castle
Contents

Defend the Castle v3 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Dec/06 20:00:34 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Reasons: Lacking Description: Template [Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128...

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Dec/06 20:00:34
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Reasons:

Lacking Description: Template
[Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Comment:
Not Rated
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Rules

[EDIT]
Orcnet: see my review

Level 16
I like these kind of defence maps. Here are some tips:

• The heroes abilities are a bit dull. They are unmodified warcraft 3 abilities. I played the Demon Hunter. Try making unique abilities which people havent seen before by triggering, etc. If your new, you can always alter the description and icons to make the abilities a bit different and interesting.

• Give the players more time before round 1 starts. I only just picked my hero and units are coming at me!

• Make more attackers come within waves. I noticed only 2,3 or 4 units per wave. If you made it more like 10, 12 or 14 units, its more interesting (maybe only 1 unit for a boss round).

• The terrain is not very interesting. Its very dull at the moment. I suggest you put the towers on small ramps or something. The game is called "Defend the Castle" It doesnt look like much of a castle. Just a building surrounded by plain grass, and a messy looking cliff. You could also add a couple of villager houses, light posts, etc to set the setting.

• This point is not very important, but when I saw Kael, I thought of dota. You don't need to copy dota names, just make some up.

Its a few points, but as a map maker, you can never get enough feedback. Keep working on your map.

Level 2
I like these kind of defence maps. Here are some tips:

• The heroes abilities are a bit dull. They are unmodified warcraft 3 abilities. I played the Demon Hunter. Try making unique abilities which people havent seen before by triggering, etc. If your new, you can always alter the description and icons to make the abilities a bit different and interesting.

• Give the players more time before round 1 starts. I only just picked my hero and units are coming at me!

• Make more attackers come within waves. I noticed only 2,3 or 4 units per wave. If you made it more like 10, 12 or 14 units, its more interesting (maybe only 1 unit for a boss round).

• The terrain is not very interesting. Its very dull at the moment. I suggest you put the towers on small ramps or something. The game is called "Defend the Castle" It doesnt look like much of a castle. Just a building surrounded by plain grass, and a messy looking cliff. You could also add a couple of villager houses, light posts, etc to set the setting.

• This point is not very important, but when I saw Kael, I thought of dota. You don't need to copy dota names, just make some up.

Its a few points, but as a map maker, you can never get enough feedback. Keep working on your map.

Okay, Thank you I ACCEPT Your Comment. I'll Fix It Later :D And Sorry :D
The Point that you say "the terrain is not interesting" yes. I want to change it to a new look, but its hard. I must change Region Place, Trigger, And The Position. Sorry about that :D

Last edited:
Level 16
Here, I was bored so I decided to fix some of the memory leaks in your map, and environment.

You dont have to use the map at all, just take a look at the enviornment to get an idea of improving
the setting and appeal, although I'm happy if you did want to use it and improve on it. To the critics,
it was a quick job to better the environment, don't judge it.

Attachments

• Defend The Castle v2.w3x
    85.6 KB · Views: 63
Level 30
I tried the game and somehow it feels like a BETA staged map, please look at good quality type of maps that is related to hero defenses so you know the idea, also look at Radicool's statement its decent tips can help you out, and for the mean time to get more feed backs please go re-upload here: Map Development good luck with map making