• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Defend Of The Humanity [Alpha 0.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello there heavy Warcraft III (w/ FT) Player here, been playing it since my early ages. Well I have always wanted to make a map, a defense/survival map.

So I've been trying to, this is just a early concept I'm working on.

The idea is

You start with a tiny camp, with a few buildings.
(Only what I got so far of course)

1x Farm (can be upgraded to increase food production)
1x Basic unit trainer (Used to make the starter units)
1x Power Generator (This is the object you defend)
1x Wisp-O-Matic (The only way to gain Lumber, same idea as they use for Legion TD)
And then a few Towers for extra defense.

It's hard to explain the layout of the map, but the idea is to create an Army of Melee, Ranged & Spell casters. And later on you will be able to train a Hero.

The units starts out as a basic unit with nothing special but you'll be able to upgrade different aspect's of the units. (Damage, Range, Speed, Abilities, Mana, Hit points and such on)

And then later on you can specialize in one of these types. Adding more possibilities to them.

That is just my idea so far, I'm adding the map file of what It looks like so far.

Attachments

• DOTH.w3x
    45.2 KB · Views: 59
Level 2
I'd suggest making it quite hard... hmm, and... use only buildings, armies are a little bit boring for Defense maps :\

Just add some more stuff and place some screenshots and more ideas... so that people can... see what you're talking about :)

I'm planning to make it abit hard, and I'm probably going to keep the Army system but perhaps implement some sort of tower system.
I guess I could also inform that it's not going to be one of those big armies. I'm gonna make the different kind of units you can make limited. So it wont turn into a big cluster bomb. I'm also thinking about making a system that kind of lets the units level up. Sort of like the system that "Founders Of The North" uses. :D

I might add screenshots, to ease the burden of downloading the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.