• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Defence Project] OMFG! 1 Billion Ghouls!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
OMFG! 1 Billion Ghouls!!

ghoul-large.jpg

Welcome Forumers to OMFG! 1 Billion Ghouls!!

Introduction

About me:

Well im very serious about my idea, and getting it to a public stage, so that it can be properly tested, so i thought it was necessary to introduce my self, so you the reader, can hopefully see where im coming from and get an idea of my background.

Ill not give me full name, but my Frist name is Chris, Feel free to call me by that or Saintbob.
Im 22 from the United Kingdom.

My experience with Warcraft 3: tft editor is somewhat unexperienced.
I have been playing Warcraft 3 from its release and i've always played custom games created by some really talented people, and somewhat not.
Fair to say that some of the best games i have played have been created by unexperienced creators and in such incorporated some really basic ideas and mechanics.

My Map is hopefully going to be a very simple and easy to get in and play kind of game.

The Idea

Well i'll explain the idea briefly...

OMFG! 1 Billion Ghouls!! is a defence game, were it sees 4 players starting in the centre of the map, having 1 Builder unit.
They then have 30 seconds to find a spot they wish to start their defence and remain their for aslong as they can.

Once the 30 seconds is over wave 1 starts, and from 8 spawning points Ghouls will Attack move to the centre of the map attacking any structures in their range.

Once the ghouls are dead, the players then get 30 seconds to rebuild their defence, upgrade towers etc, before the next wave starts.

At this point I have only 13 waves in place, with 1 boss wave.

The waves themselves double the amount of ghouls every wave, so the first wave spawns 40 Ghouls, 2nd wave spawns 80 Ghouls etc.

The object of the game is to be the last man standing, and to obtain the highest score possible.
If this map does catch on, and alot of people do enjoy the game, then ill provide a website for people to compare their scores, and make arranged teams etc.

What I have in place already

I have in place already:

1. A Very Basic terrain template.
2. A wave system with up to 13 waves and 1 Boss wave.
3. Scoreboard.
4. periodic messages during game play, with hints and tips.
5. Builder in place, with a small collection of Towers, and upgrades.

What I Would Like

As you can see I have a Working idea, and a partially created map, that is working up to wave 13.

1. I would like to bring 1 to 2 experienced people into this project.

2. I'm looking for someone who has experience with balancing of the Ghouls, and the towers.

3. I'm also looking for someone who is experienced with Terrain, to introduce a terrain that is interesting to look at, but doesnt interfere with the way the game is supposed to be played out.
I would also like to have someone who is more skilled in triggers than I am, to introduce some triggers that my map is lacking, and i honestly dont have the IQ to get my head around them.

Roles i'm looking for.

Terrainer - Need
Triggerist - DuelPlayer - Dave312
Balancer - Need
Dedicated Beta Testers - Zenion

(I'm by NO means expecting you to do the work, im very determined, and if you would simply just like to talk me through the processes, or give me hints and tips, then i'm more than willing to do it that way, so im still doing most of the work,(And anyone that does help, will be given the appropriate credit for their input)).

Features I would like to see added

1. New Races for players to choose from with their own unique advantages and dis-advantages.

2. New Towers and tower abilities.

3. Possible mini games (not to sure about this)

4. Other triggers to enhance gameplay will be discussed with who ever it is, who would like to help.

Screen Shots

None at the moment, because this is such a simple and very basic map, I havent posted any photos at the moment. I didnt think the screenies would give the map any justice, and it would be better tested ingame than looking at photos.
Having said that, when the game goes through its Stages and improves, I will how ever post screenies to show gameplay and features.

Note

Anyone that is interested in helping me with this project, then please note I am from the Uk and therefore i would like to work with people who are From the UK or surrounding countries, so that the time difference isnt to great, a plus 3 hour difference is fine. anything more than that and we would probably miss each other, 1 of us would bound to be in bed in the land of nod, by the time the other is available. lol

If anyone is interested, or you would like to know anything else, then please reply to this thread, or PM me.

Versions

Version 1.2

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/138265/

A few more changes have been made as promised.
- Sell system added, refunding upgrade costs in full to the selling player.
- Changed the looks of the Fire tower Models.
- Increased the speed of the water towers attack rate.
- Increased the Attack Damage of the water towers.
- Increased the Bonus gold awarded at the end of each level to 20gold up from 10gold.
- In general, made alot of balancing on all races

I would like to see new Towers for each race in the next Version i release.

I am in need of Beta Testers to test the maps balance etc, and give me feedback that i can work with. Thanks

Thanks once again for reading. Hope to hear from you soon.

Saintbob
Chris.

Level 3
Has anyone Downloaded this and tested it yet?
I would very much appreciate some feedback please peeps
:p

Level 3
I will give you some feedback:
- Change the name, it's stupid like that.
- Improve the terrain
- Add more towers & races.
I think this is good feedback for now.

Yeah i am aware of this, the terrain is somewhat boring, although I didnt really think that the terrain is that much of a big deal, since most of the time during game play the players are more concerned about whats happening with their towers, what needs repairs, what needs upgrading, and trying to stay alive.

But i will make some tileset improvements and add some doodads that dont interfere with the gameplay.

Towers and races are due in the next updates.

Screen shots i will upload once the above feedback has been implemented.

Since you mention that the name is "stupid" do you have any relevant name suggestions?

And as an idea/game type was it fun to play, is it something that at the moment has the potential to be liked by many others? or should i just quit now?

Level 3
A lot of units of the same player can cause laggs. Make sure all the ghoul dont belong to the same player.

Yeah i had this problem in the early stages of the map.
But i now have a trigger in place that limits how many ghouls can be on the map at any one time.

This works fine so far, and really doesnt hinder the gameplay due to the fact the ghouls get stronger and more resiliant every wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.