• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

deepstrasz' music

Level 5
Sounds interesting, just heard a bit about Reason but I don't know a single person who's using it. This is cool stuff you made.
I'll share my music with you when everything will be on soundclound :D

Level 39
That's a nice chill 90's rock throwback! IMO you should put the lyrics to your songs in the video description. The mix around 2:35 makes it pretty hard to discern what they are, though I get that's a result of the echo/wash effect you were going for.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Ok I listened to 5-6 of your tracks. At first I thought cool electro music. Then I found a couple of ballads.. damn, you are a one player band. Good guitar skills!

My fav so far is mcraciu.

Also your riffs remind me a little of metallica ballad riffs. dont know if its true, just sounds like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Ok I listened to 5-6 of your tracks. At first I thought cool electro music. Then I found a couple of ballads.. damn, you are a one player band. Good guitar skills!

My fav so far is mcraciu.

Also your riffs remind me a little of metallica ballad riffs. dont know if its true, just sounds like that.
Heh
e. Didn't know you edited the post (notifications aren't given for this). I am a lousy instrument player. I wouldn't be able to perform live without obvious errors.

Yeah, Metallica is one of the bands that inspire me.

Thanks for your time!

Do giants move faster?

festina lente (original): festina lente

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hehe. Didn't know you edited the post (notifications aren't given for this). I am a lousy instrument player. I wouldn't be able to perform live without obvious errors.

Yeah, Metallica is one of the bands that inspire me.

Thanks for your time!

Do giants move faster?

festina lente (original): festina lente

I expect a Justice For All ballad ripoff next.
Also, can I try to mix some of your samples to
a style I like? If you don't mind sharing some samples.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

But I don't ripoff music... especially not voluntarily/knowingly.

Well, you can sample them with audacity or something. Also be sure to give credit if you make them public.

Bad joke :)
Of course.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Back & forth

wind & waves (original): listen

2:30 - 2:34+
The sample used reminded me of my best childhood movie -
Its not the same, just has a similar feel.

You can hear the similar parts at:
36:47 - 37:23
1:00:57 - 1:01:27
1:09:42 - 1:10:06

Otherwise, interesting track. You hit me with the nostalgia brick, kudos! :D

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

No-no. I meant I didn't remember the music you linked from way back. To have a nostalgic bite like you, I'd have had to be a fan like you since that particular sound piece doesn't fully resemble the one in my composition.

IF you didn't watch the movie, how could you.
I know, its why I said similar feel, not that its the same.
But I've heard similar sounds in movies, so that's why it reminded me.