• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Decreasing MBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
u can fit 1000s of pages of code in 1 mb, so dont worry about that too much, the main thing taking up space is importing things like doodads, music, loading screen...
try to compress images and music if you import it
there is an 8 mb limit, but it only applies for battle.net/lan, theres no limit for single player games

Level 14
Custom models take up the most mb's actually...
But that all depends on poly's, which can also be decreased but will then usually also decrease the quality of the model ;)

Level 12
u can fit 1000s of pages of code in 1 mb, so dont worry about that too much, the main thing taking up space is importing things like doodads, music, loading screen...
try to compress images and music if you import it
there is an 8 mb limit, but it only applies for battle.net/lan, theres no limit for single player games

You said I can not host a map on Battlenet that is over 8mbs, can I host a map with over 8mbs on Garena?

Level 14
helekiller said:

Actually you can host it on LAN but then you would need to send a specific archive to all players who would like to play the map. I forgot which one, I'll have to search for it.
Either ways if it needs to be hosted on Battle.net I suggest keeping it under 8 mb indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.