• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

decay anim problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I made a decay animation that is 23,000-80,600 frames long at 960 frames per second. which is 60 seconds long. NonLooping.

But in the game when the unit dies the flesh quickly goes down underground and then reapears like two seconds later and then slowly goes underground like its supposed to. Why does it go down quickly at first?

Level 15
Thx for help donut it worked.

Now another question: In warcraft I want my model to decay slower than the 2 seconds that wc usally uses. But If you change the decay time in the advanced properties in we it changes it for all units. How do you make just one model or unit decay slower or faster?

I don't think making the sequence longer or shorter affects it much because in magos the decay is much slower like I want it, but in game it scales it to the 2 seconds..

TDR

TDR

Level 18
yes it does matter...it's easier to do at a normal 30fps...it's ridiculous to have 900 frames for a single second if you're not going to use them...just look at the huge time intervals you have! At a normal framerate, 80,600 frames = 45 minutes!! I don't think you're animating speeding bullets or something. Don't know where you read that (though I remember reading it too a long time ago), but it's bogus, at least if you use art tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.