• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Link death anim with the decay anim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So, basically, if I have a model with more deaths and decays animations, is it possible to link each of them? Like when the unit dies and if it will play the death - 1 animation, then make that it will play the decay - 1 and not the decay - 2 animation.

Level 7
I don't think that's possible, but you can create two units, each one using only one death animation and decay animation.

I'm not sure how you spawn those units, but you can just randomize and pick one from the pool of possible units.

Level 48
You can do that using only one model. If you name the animations "Death One" and "Decay One", as well as "Death Two", "Death Alternate" or even things like "Death Gold", and then change the Object Editor field "Required Animation Names" for each of your separate units to match the new animation name, you should get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.