1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mckill2009, Jul 1, 2013.

1. The Wizard

The Wizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    To make others think twice before doing such a thing.

Only christians have to read Bible. And I still don't get what the crap is ">implying you can be a real christian without reading the bible"

If you don't know anything, don't talk about it. It's just no good.

Okay, but the best way to pay for murder is to suffer.

Checkmate.

2. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thats what jail is for

but inorder to become a real christian you gotta read the bible first (yes random spectators, im highjacking this thread aswell)

No.

>implying I posted a picture like that

3. The Wizard

The Wizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some crimes are beyond jail's level.

>implying I wanted to become a christian

Yes.

Happy trolling. Way too fat, I should mention. But that picture is still in my post, so Checkmate again. Oh yeah, and edit stamp on yours.

4. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Like?

Fahgettaboudit

But can you explain why?

[​IMG]

5. The Wizard

The Wizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like Breivik's, haven't I mentioned it?

You first.

And will you listen to me? I doubt.

6. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But that guy was an anti-muslim zionist, its pritty clear he's mentaly unhealty just from that but later they proved he had other problems, do you think that if there was a death penalty in norway, he wouldnt have fragged all those people? Killing him would bring the children back, it wouldnt help the families either. Life in prison is better, make him shovel snow for the rest of his days.

It wont hurt if you tried.

7. The Wizard

The Wizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let it be so. I'm tired already. If you want, you'll surely find right instances.

Once again. When you see anyone being tortured for rape, you lose any ideas such as rape on your own, don't you?

Well, that isn't correct for mentally ill. Such as them should be detected before any accidents.

8. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind."
    -Martin Luther King

If you alread have serious toughts about raping someone, than seeing someone get tortured for it wont really make those thoughts go away, infact it will make the rapist more prepared for the rape. Most crimes are spontanious and in that nature the criminals make plenty of mistakes which leads to them getting caught.So rape numbers wont really drop but less rapists would get caught. And what if the rapist just doesent care if he gets caught. Torture is just barberic, why dont you start wearing leaves too? As long as a country's IQ stays high enough, torture would never be approved.

When you think about it, death is alot easier compared to spending 50 years trapped in a cage, beeing a wife to some gorilla.

Intrestingly enough there is a way that this is possible:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ

9. The Wizard

The Wizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Read Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment". You'll see what does crime do to a criminal's mind. Crime isn't like going shopping to the store.

10. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But what if Raskolnikov did not feel remorse after killing the two women? Infact his murder was quite planned and not spontanious like most murders.

Also do you think he would have turned himself in in if the sentance was torture and death, rather then penal servitude? Even in the end he manages to redeem himself thanks to his wife's support.

11. The Wizard

The Wizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see, you've googled it, but haven't read. Crime was the only thing on his mind since it happened.

12. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But thats so unrelated! You know people are diffrent and some might think about the crime later and some will just not care and get away with it. Plus the whole book is against your torture death idea.

13. Ender

Ender

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I support the death penalty. A problem with "Life imprisonment" is it usually means 8 to 20 years (At least in the USA, UK and a host of other countries).

Is 8 to 20 years the value of a human life?

Now, if we knew that that a specific person was never going to commit a crime again Then yes having them serve that period of time would be fine.( for example most non-premeditated murders 8 to 20 years is probably good, most of them will probably never kill someone again)

So lets look at real life imprisonment, Think of the cost of housing the person and providing them medical care, its not worth it.
    Now I do realize that currently the expense of The Death Penalty is Ridiculously high. And they house the people for a way too long of time before killing them. (I do realize that it is meant to prevent them from killing innocent people) But there has to be a better way then having those thousands of appeals etc.. like having exactly one appeal to a higher court at a fixed date from the original conviction. Which decides whether there is enough evidence to warrant their execution and then sends them off at dawn the next day.

Would you like to live next to someone who is a paroled serial killer?

When Life in prison doesn't mean Life
    A little on Repeat offenders in the UK

14. The Wizard

The Wizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't care.
    You don't know what a crime is. Only those who do it like everyday deed don't care of any in particular. For any normal man the mental punishment comes along with crime. Or even, in this case, before, because Raskolnikov was planning this.

15. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Ender
    Those 8 to 20 years are ment to prevent the person from doing harm to the outside and hopefuly reabilitate them into society.
    Why waste money on a tunnel when you can just give a bunch of prisoners shovels.

@Wizard

Youre going back to "have a good day" mode again. I dont know what a crime is? Huh?

But if every criminal is mentaly punished then how does crime become an everyday deed without moral remorse insome. Plus Raskolnikov is a literraly character, he will do whatever the author tells him.

16. mckill2009

mckill2009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I changed my mind, instead of giving them instant death, torture them first then burry them alive or :goblin_boom:

17. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No.

The reason why is simple.

We stopped doing that a long time ago.

Why did we stop doing it?

It should be pretty obvious.

People have become more civilized.
    Then die.
    Yes, generally, you aren't a fan of book before you've even read it.
    Why?
    That, or you acquire a sexual pleasure response to pain, torture and death, in addition to rape.
    Yes, because people are idiots and never avoid detection nor know how to do so.

The easiest way to detect someone with malicious intent is to raise them to believe there are no consequences for their actions. They'll have no reason to censor themselves in any way, and their true intentions will be incredibly easy to spot.

Of course that means not raising your child to understand morals at all.

18. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Werent you a christian?

19. mckill2009

mckill2009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I am but some Christians like me hate those grave crimes so much that I would be happy to let them suffer a painful death...

20. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :con: