• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Death Event Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So, in WoW you die and you get a ghost and you have to go back to your corpse.

In Diablo you have to go back to your body to get your stuff back

In Runes of Magic you die and you lose exp

I am looking for a new unique death event for my Orpg.

Any Ideas?

Level 13
In Runes of Magic you die and you lose exp
Any Ideas?

The losing of EXP happens in alot of games PVP or just PVE a nice system but can be a pain in the rear.

Best thing I can think of is 25% chance of lose of a random item not dropped gone for good as in you have to replace it.
Or just make it like hardcore mode for D2 so if you die it is GameOver

Level 11
You go to heaven or hell. Then you got to do some quest there to get back to life.

Heaven: Collect something and bring it to some heaven keeper.

Hell: Talk to some hell keeper and you are brought back to life, but you need to find something and bring it to the hell keeper or it'll be gameover or something.

There are so many options, it all depends on what your game is about.

Level 11
There isn't a heaven or hell, but there is a Light(Life) and Dark(Death)
I like the idea that you have to do a quest and perhaps Light might be a longer harder quest but without consequence, and Dark is a short easy quest but if you fail or something else you get a "Curse" when you come back alive.

Any other ideas?

Level 13
ok well take the light and dark idea
make it that quests or whatever effect which one u are and which u fight when you die
doing good deeds makes you fight a dark version of the hero
doing evil deeds makes you fight a light version of the hero

Level 14
You could do that. I based my suggestion off of the movie Inception, where you can kill yourslf to wake up. You'd get stuck in a wierd realm in the middle of a quest. You can explore to an extent, but the world wouldn't be the same each time you returned (as in randomly generated terrain?) but the quest would be the same. The player would never figure out exactly whatt that quest is though. Upon dieing in attempting something impossible they'll find themselves back in the actual campaign.

//\\oo//\\

Level 28
Based on the separate map idea: the dead person's ghost appears in an ethereal and foggy spirit-world. The main difference here is that things can be seen which are invisible to mortal eyes (other ghosts, invisible units, magical residue, secrets, some puzzles...), though the ghost can only interact with spirit-world objects and people. He can also go through walls and such.

At certain points on the map (temple/ley line/church/magc circle/whatever), identified by the fog disappearing, the player can be ressurected for a fee (the mage's assistants go and recover the body, which is expensive to do).

If any character has a spirit-walker or shaman type-class, he can go into this spirit world whenever he chooses. But if his body is killed while he's in the spirit world...

Level 8
my suggestion would be this:

you die, go to a judgement scene where you are decreed to a time limit before you can go back to life again.. time is shortened if your allies would offer something, gold or exp, if it is a multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.