• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Day effecting passive skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am creating a map for that map i am creating a new hero called sunstriker.
For that hero his first skill will be
Presence of the sun:-
Presence of the sun makes sustriker to feel the heat which will icrease his agility.
lvl1:- 20 agility
lvl2:- 40 agility
lvl3:- 60 agility
lvl4:- 80 agility

For that spell i made 3 spells
Presence of the sun (Learning)
Presence of the sun (Night time)
Presence of the sun (Daytime)

i can give that spells for hero at day or at night.
But the problem is i cant level up that spell can any body help me.
:confused:

Level 37
Why can't you level them?

Use a dummy ability and give it to the hero, make it a hero ability and add it to the hero's ability list so the hero can level it up.

Give the unit the Daytime ability when sun rises and remove it when sun comes down. Set the level of the daytime ability to the level of the hero ability. You might have to use spell book to hide the icon of the daytime ability.

What do you need the nighttime ability for?

Use a dummy ability and give it to the hero, make it a hero ability and add it to the hero's ability list so the hero can level it up.

Give the unit the Daytime ability when sun rises and remove it when sun comes down. Set the level of the daytime ability to the level of the hero ability. You might have to use spell book to hide the icon of the daytime ability.

Can also be done buy giving required unit called "Day time" and make it die whenever night comes, or luna stone is cast, and recreate it whenever the time is morning, if the spell become unable to be learned u gonna do something tricky : adding passive ability that gives no icon, like armor of item which show no icon and no tooltip, and whenver time comes, swap for every unit on the map its' night ability, and revert on mornings.

Level 13
if you look at my maps, you can see in the ancient frontier i have a couple of heroes with skills like this. it might take a while to locate them, and it might be more thana bit disorderly with the code...but it works. look at the blood elf demon hunter and the night elf female blademaster.

in my map duplicate heroes would not be possible, so there's no need for mui for this for my map, just a fair warning.

Level 5

Night time ability has no effects. thank you for your help. thanks for spending time to help me i will give you the credit. if u need any other help just ask me sure i will reply for that. thanks.

thanking you,
Chaithresh Bhide:ogre_haosis:

Status
Not open for further replies.