• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Data unsupported by JNGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hello.

So I tried JNGP 2.0 for the first time and before loading a map which has been developed on original editor, a window popped in saying it may have unsupported data. Is this safe? Is it possible it could corrupt something? What is the threat here?

Thanks.

bskb.png

Level 23
it shows in all maps that were used with Hashtable GUI actions, no need to worry, it doesnt change anything, because the editor is still build on top of 1.24 version, JassHelper uses 1.26 .j-s so all Jass functions are there, the same goes for object editor data I believe

Level 30
This always appear when the map you are attempting to open a map has never been opened by the JNGP and only by the original WE. On your second and following try, this will not appear anymore unless you opened it again with the original WE and repeated the process of opening it in JNGP again.

Since that JNGP is a much more updated version of WE, it supports most functions that your map has which will not cause the map having unsupported functions. Except if you opened a map with a much outdated type of a WE which has errors then it might cause something bad. Not sure yet though.

Level 7
It happens to me too actually and I don't do anything about it. I think you should do it too because it won't affect your map but if you are not sure about it, put a backup for your map so that you will have no worries if you map gets corrupted.

The JNGP make a backup map too everytime you save your map. I don't remember where it saves but it's on the JNGP Directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.