• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

data could not be loaded : war3mapimported\modelname.mdl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi
i really hope you guys can help me. i am getting desperate. i want to import a custom. I proceed as always.
the import manager even recognizes the mdx as an mdx but when i aplly the mdx to a model and wan to punt it on a mpa i get the following error :
data could not be loaded : war3mapimported\modelname.mdl

hope you guys can help me :/

this is not the first time that i am importing a model, so please dont tell me to learn how to import ^^

Level 7
check your skins path, you can do that by converting the model to MDL then checking the texture line

Textures 2 {
Bitmap {
Image "units\Critters\VillagerKid\VillagerKid.blp",

or whatever the path maybe and make sure that the skin that goes with the model is the same. if that doesn't work then maybe the model is corrupt.

check your skins path, you can do that by converting the model to MDL then checking the texture line

Textures 2 {
Bitmap {
Image "units\Critters\VillagerKid\VillagerKid.blp",

or whatever the path maybe and make sure that the skin that goes with the model is the same. if that doesn't work then maybe the model is corrupt.

I don't think this guy even knows what a .mdl is.

ZTar, just go to the tutorial section there r 1000 tutorials that may help u with this, this section is for modelling problems and discussion, not mapping.

Level 6
The fact that it's saying it can't find an MDL is normal; it always says that when you import improperly. Like blazing-inferno says, it is probably an incorrect texture path. If you post the model we can tell you the proper ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.