• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Darksiders 2 Axe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Level 26
skulls all look the same, bottom ball is too simple and doesnt fit with the head of the axe. All the pieces on the head seem "glued" on rather than forged. That flat plate behind the main skull where the blade connects to the handle, the uniform spikes on both the axe's shoulder and the butt. The blade is too large compared to the small section that connects the blade to the handle, it doesnt look "solid" (durable). And the blade stops abruptly at the handle. This kind of design really implies a "pressed blade" rather than a "forged" one. The colors you have chosen are much too bright for a game called "darksiders". There is very little contrast in the entire texture.

You've made a good looking render, but ultimately it's not a menacing or deadly looking weapon if you look at it for more than 10 seconds.

Level 25
Wow, thanks a lot for the criticism.

I was under some time-pressure so skulls as well as bottom ball had to take a hit. I intended to make the skulls differ a bit from each other, as well as come up with a better concept for the bottom detail. And for everything else, I absolutely see your points. I am probably not going to edit this, but you gave me some things to think about if I am to create another weapon like this again. Thanks once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.