• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Darkfall Online

What race will your main charcter play?

• Humans Of Mercia

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Dwarves of Dvergheim

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Mirdain of Mirendil

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Orks of Morak

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Mahirim of the Tribelands

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Alfar of Nagast

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Darkfall Online Discussion

Thanks to Operator for orgininaly telling me about this, he said he was gonna post something about it but either its slipped his mind or hes to lazy, so i'll post some stuff about it :crazypirate:

What is Darkfall?
Darkfall is a next generation Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) currently in development.

One of the things I am looking forward the most about this game is the amount of options you have in the game, you could be almost anything you want to!

View attachment 680

The MMORPG will also feature something no MMORPG has had before, Navel Combat. Also unlike other games where you become part of the ship, you can move around on the ship, have battles on the ship and use cannons on the ship or steer it.

View attachment 681

This MMORPG will also feature some nice features, such as this.

The spawn points in Darkfall will be dynamic, which means that you won't find the same kind of mobs at the same spot twice. Why this choice? Does this mean one can sometimes just see a bunch of ratlings spawn in front of him?

Claus Grovdal (Producer – Lead Designer): Most spawns in Darkfall are dynamic, and even consequential in nature. If you keep killing all the hill giants in a forest over and over, they will eventually move out (hey, who wouldn’t). Monsters also attack and kill other monsters. A red dragon moving into a mountain area, will fly around and kill everything it finds, so eventually the area will be empty of life. A group of goblins left alone for a while, will eventually set up a goblin village, and start breeding more goblins. They will start taming and breeding wolves for defenses, and hunt all small animals they can find.

The world will have a life of its own, and players will strongly influence and leave a mark on the world they inhabit.

In additions to the dynamic spawns, we also have lots of static spawns related to quest areas, and other adventure areas important to the lore and story in the game.

Here are a few flash files of the armor that can be gotten in the game. Might need a bit of time for all of them to load to spin smoothly.
[flash]http://forums.hiveworkshop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=682&stc=1&d=1157963429[/flash]
[flash]http://forums.hiveworkshop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=683&stc=1&d=1157963429[/flash]
[flash]http://forums.hiveworkshop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=684&stc=1&d=1157963429[/flash]
[flash]http://forums.hiveworkshop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=685&stc=1&d=1157963429[/flash]

And heres one of a little Dragon :pirate:
[flash]http://forums.hiveworkshop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=686&stc=1&d=1157963429[/flash]

And heres a little map of the world that the MMORPG is set in.
View attachment 688

Links
Here are a few links you might want to visit if you want to find out more about the game.

Official Site
Official Forums
Darkfall Online @ MMORPG.com
Interview Part One
Interview Part Two

I've also added a few Polls to the Topic, so that if you are gonna get the game sometime or want to, you can answer some of the polls.

I personaly, when this game comes out wouldn't mind making some mega evil rebelious clan for humans who want to blow their own race up a few times, or maybe a Pirates clan or something like that, which would be pretty cool with the Navel Combat systems.

Post anything you want to about the game in this thread.

Last edited:
Level 15
I'm gonna buy this for shure. And about the ship thing; You and your guild can buy a ship and travel around...And yeah, I was to lazy :p

one more thing, this world is bigger than wow :p

Last edited:
Level 24
Here are all of the things released about the game since the start of its development. I would surgest looking at the 2006 one, which has a nice movie included with it as well.

Anyway what I am looking forward about this game as well is that everything in the game, from what information I have gathered is completly up to the players. There are no events orginized by the company like WoW I think, the players have to orginize them all themselves :crazypirate:, which is nice I think.

Level 15
Yeah, we should start a guild, make a city and buy some ships :p

''Monthly Fee: n/a '' Yes or now ?

''Will Darkfall Have player owned houses? Definately. Players will be able to set up houses of various sizes and design, ranging from small cottages to huge castles and citadels.'' thats so awsome

Last edited:
Level 15
Read some more about Darkfall.

''When is Darkfall entering open beta testing? We are hoping for a open beta test of Darkfall in Q4 2002. The word "Delay" is very common in the game development industry though, so we can only hope and guess at this stage.

When will Darkfall be released? We are hoping for a Q1 2003 release of Darkfall. Again, delays happen, but we are working hard to get Darkfall ready for release. The only thing we can say for sure, is that Darkfall wont be released till it is finished and running stable
''

Is it dead or sumthing ?

Level 36
Good bye WoW account, hello Darkfall online. I am so with you guys. WE NEED TO FORM A PIRATE CLAN! that would be THE collest thing EVER. our guild operating a pirate ship selling stolen goods and fighting with other ships. I love the player housing thing too, is remeniscent of the countless hours I spent perfecting my home in starwars galaxies. I spent far to much time and money on that house, but damn did it ever look nice :) Well i'm all for it, 16 MEN ON A DEAD MANS CHEST. DRINK TO THE DEVIL LET BE DONE THE REST.

A pirates life for me I choose.

Level 24
Yea, well I think that if we make a clan, it should be lead by the major people at hive behind it then, so me, ras, archian if hes gets it, brad and operator. Being pirates would be so cool :)

Anyway look forward to beta testing. But if we make a clan we should all be on the same side. Although multi race clans are allowed, from what i've read so far if the clan has people from races your fighting againt then you can't take and build cities, which would be bad considering we would be an evil clan :).

Read some more about Darkfall.

''When is Darkfall entering open beta testing? We are hoping for a open beta test of Darkfall in Q4 2002. The word "Delay" is very common in the game development industry though, so we can only hope and guess at this stage.

When will Darkfall be released? We are hoping for a Q1 2003 release of Darkfall. Again, delays happen, but we are working hard to get Darkfall ready for release. The only thing we can say for sure, is that Darkfall wont be released till it is finished and running stable
''

Is it dead or sumthing ?

No, it just means that the devs are actualy gonna make sure the game is as bug free as possible when they release the game.

Level 24
Yea well, ralle said that this forum will be enough. But then again, were not gonna be discussing anything more then planning for the clan until the beta comes out. But then again if I remember correctly when submiting your clan for the beta, you need to give a web site (correct me if i'm wrong brad), and I guess he just put www.hiveworkshop.com, so then again a forum for the clan would make a bit of sense.

Level 18
Yea, well I think that if we make a clan, it should be lead by the major people at hive behind it then, so me, ras, archian if hes gets it, brad and operator. Being pirates would be so cool :)

:(, I feel excluded.

Anyway, I bags being head of Stealth, and I will finally be able to realise my dream and create a squad of elite Pirate-Ninjas! MWAHAHAHAHAH!

Level 24

:(, I feel excluded.

Anyway, I bags being head of Stealth, and I will finally be able to realise my dream and create a squad of elite Pirate-Ninjas! MWAHAHAHAHAH!

Ok Shados as well then, but we don't need millions of leaders :).

Anyway pretty much how I think it should work is each leader gets his own ship and crew, and gets to do what he pleases with them, but can not make any large attacks without the support of other leaders, and stuff like that. Then we all come together and wipe out some mega big human city we don't like :pirate:

Level 36
Well thas fine, considering I pay 18 a month for WoW. And btw I entered ww.hiveworkshop.com/forums/ for the forums link and just hiveworkshop.com for the site one. They should find it alright if the need to, but I don't see why since all they have to do is mail the beta info to ralle who can post the news here immediately anyway :)

Level 24
Well thas fine, considering I pay 18 a month for WoW. And btw I entered ww.hiveworkshop.com/forums/ for the forums link and just hiveworkshop.com for the site one. They should find it alright if the need to, but I don't see why since all they have to do is mail the beta info to ralle who can post the news here immediately anyway :)

Well I think it would be better to put it in a forum that only members can see, or that only members who registered before you signed us up for beta, otherwise anyone who looks at news could get into beta (depending on how the beta works however).

Find a little island, build a city with a house for each clanmember, Buy boats and own the place :p

Well we should also take a city so we can have a defendable city, so that we can have a place that can have defendable cities and maybe some npcs people to make lots of money for us :crazypirate:

Level 15
Can'r remember where I read aout the wanted poster...But look at this:

''The best quest engine ever seen in a game, with literally millions of interesting and rewarding auto-generated quests to solve. ''

Found it here:

http://pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p20829.htm

EDIT: Lol, just keep reading about awsome things.

''You could be a lone adventurer, hunting for treasure, magical items and fame, or a mercenary selling your services to the highest bidder. You may choose to play a merchant, setting up caravans and shops in different cities, buying high quality hides from Mahirim hunters and selling them for top prices at Human cities. You could hook up with a few friends and be pirates, sailing your galleon around, plundering merchant ships, or choose to play the Dwarven blacksmith, crafting mighty magical weapons and armor, or perhaps a farmer producing rare herbs and spell reagents. The possibilities are limitless.

''

Last edited:
Level 36
SWEEEET. Pirates life for me anywho XD But yes very remeniscent of starwars galaxies for me. It had player housing, cities and shops/vendors and it had 48 classes in total. I don't know how many stating classes that this game has but I know it has 100+ prestige classes which is freakin amazing!

Level 24
Nope, game has no classes. It has some special classes, such as Paladin, and although Paladins would be stronger then people with no class, they have to donate some amount of gold to the church every so often or something. Theres no levels either, just skills which I think is a big improvment, because you won't have to spend so much time killing stuff and getting experience, when you could just be leveling the skills you really need.

Level 15
Yeah. And at first I thougth the fighting system was like Oblivion's. You know, like moving your weapons with the mouse. Well it's not like that. You see a little part of the weapon like any 1. person game. And when you click on the left mouse button, you hit with your sword

Level 18
You don't 'move the weapon with your mouse' in oblivion, you click and it swings. Depending on the direction your moving and other things you'll swing differently. Also, the way they've got the whole skills thing setup it sounds more like EVE Online than anything else, infact it could be a on-planet EVE, what with the ships etc.

-*meow*

Level 1
Hey guys

I just joined this forum, cause i heard about your plans for a pirate clan in Darkfall. Sounds awesome :D Would be nice to be a part of that, if its ok by you. ;D

Level 1
i wonder when its going retail

I am really looking forward to making myself a little house some place noone can find me, hunt a little, and make trips back to civilization to jump some random ppl, incap them, steal their loot and let them live. Then im gone ;D

Level 1
Are you making 2 guilds that work together? Or 1 big guild? Cause i read somewhere that having a pirate guild on sea, wouldnt be so great for your city :p I could be wrong tho....

Status
Not open for further replies.