• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone else hyped about Darkfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Unrestricted PvP, with no safe zones, only protection by NPC guards in racially controlled cities. Indiscriminate player killing results in changes in alignment (see alignment section below), which in turn has severe in-game consequences.
Change some words and you got the same thing from EVE Online!

But seriously the game looks like Morrowind mixed with multiple gamers at the same time.

Level 34
The art looks terrible. I hate those textures, makes me think of high-res in wc3.

Level 4
Yeah...it's someone based off EVE online and Ultima online, how is that a bad thing? And you know, you shouldn't be complaining about graphics on a wc3 site (not exactly the most beautiful game), but yeah it's not a graphic intense game more gameplay. Instead of the server crashing when 50 people are in one room, it'll be fine with a couple hundred i'd take that over graphics any day. (as long as it's not like runescape).

Level 34
Yeah...it's someone based off EVE online and Ultima online, how is that a bad thing? And you know, you shouldn't be complaining about graphics on a wc3 site (not exactly the most beautiful game), but yeah it's not a graphic intense game more gameplay. Instead of the server crashing when 50 people are in one room, it'll be fine with a couple hundred i'd take that over graphics any day. (as long as it's not like runescape).
WC3 looks better artistically, than that shit. It looks like a free-to-play MMO.

Level 36
The Hive actually planned to form a guild in this game two years ago when it was supposed to be entering beta. Bob27 was interested in it and Operator had a relative working on it.

Definitely vaporware. It's never gonna happen and if it does it will suck. It's no good.

If anyone here remembers or was part of the Bones Brigade then total props to you xD

Level 4
The Hive actually planned to form a guild in this game two years ago when it was supposed to be entering beta. Bob27 was interested in it and Operator had a relative working on it.

Definitely vaporware. It's never gonna happen and if it does it will suck. It's no good.

If anyone here remembers or was part of the Bones Brigade then total props to you xD

I was around during those days (i lurked since wc3search), but this time it's legit, and it has a release date. (January 22nd 09) And betas long been started people have already been reviewing the game, such as here: DF preview - introduction

Level 4
Yeah, I still think it will be like WAR though. Promises to be the best ever, is in development hell for god knows how long, and then is mediocre when finally released.

It wasn't that bad, really; but they really messed up when it came to servers. Honestly, about every game has been like that so far (*cough* AOC *cough*), but it's always nice to hope ;) 7 years always adds to the chance of it being decent too.

Level 36
Not really, actually, the longer a game stays in development, the more likely it will become obsolete. Just like Duke Nukem Forever, where they had been developing it for so long, they had to redo the engine, etc.

That's why WAR's graphics are so bad. That engine got developed years ago.

Level 2
thats why they should rent the engine.
Darkfall looks great but its still an mmo.Which i saw in those beta videos, oh the great empty spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.