• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Darkborne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Logo2.jpg

What is Darkborne?

Darkborne is a little Hack&Slay-ish Single-Player-RPG currently in development by me - PROXY.

It's a small project, other then my campaign (which I'm still working on and is likely to be finished ~2030 (or later) I started in the holidays for fun.

It's a diablo clone in kinds of combat, terrain, art, story, music... wait what? Why not play diablo instead? That's a good question!

Darkborne is created for fun, and although it is very similar to Diablo it offers douzends of new gameplay ... fuck it, why do I even bother. It's aiming to be a clone, nothing more nothing less. (Well I guess there are like about 1/100 of items in Darkborne then there are in Diablo, so I guess you could say the two are different!)

I'm creating this to waste my time while I'm not getting wasted myself. I'm not aiming high, just to create a little map I might even FINISH someday, and somebody might enjoy playing.

Playable Characters (or in short - Heroes)

Yep you heard it. Multiple Characters to choose from at the beginning! Something like that has never been seen before in ANY of my games! And holy moly, there are many out there from me, aren't there.

BountyHunter.jpg

Royal%20Guard.jpg

DarkCleric.jpg

Progress

Probably the most important thing, as I didn't manage to finish a project till this day (and that streak is ongoing). Anyway, let's real talk.

Terrain: 55%
Heroes: 75%
Story 10%
Mechanics 90%

So yeah. I still have to find an interesting story, but I have something short but interesting on my mind. Heroes are pretty much done, terrain is easy peasy and the basic mechanics are also finished (and pretty much non-existing).

Media

Wow! If you really pressed this button, either you got very interested reading the other (boring) stuff or you simply skipped it and went directly to this (the fun) part.

Editor

2.PNG 1.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG 6.PNG 7.PNG 8.PNG

Ingame

WC3ScrnShot_010316_155015_01.JPG WC3ScrnShot_010316_155043_03.JPG WC3ScrnShot_010316_155121_05.JPG

Last edited:
Level 21
Holy coincidence, Batman! I started a project a while back called Duskborne with a character similar to the bounty hunter, so you know I'll definitely be a big fan of this.

Anyway, this is looking great so far. It has a nice variety between the heroes, and there's a lot of potential to play around with using the gothic fantasy setting. I see you've only currently done about 10% of the story, but it would be cool if the story tied into each of the lives of the heroes to give the story a more personal feel when playing.

Level 51
Holy coincidence, Batman! I started a project a while back called Duskborne with a character similar to the bounty hunter, so you know I'll definitely be a big fan of this.

Anyway, this is looking great so far. It has a nice variety between the heroes, and there's a lot of potential to play around with using the gothic fantasy setting. I see you've only currently done about 10% of the story, but it would be cool if the story tied into each of the lives of the heroes to give the story a more personal feel when playing.

Should have clarified, there's only one hero to chose from at the beginning. BUT, as you said, I'll try to give each hero his personal feeling while playing, wrapping in his backstory and stuff (which shouldn't be that problematic, as I'm aiming to keep the game short).

Glad you like it so far.

Edit: Added new screenshots of a new area.

Last edited:
Level 21
I really like the crystal cave and the general layout of everything, but the Cityscape structures don't fit too well due to looking too clean and neat. Refuge in Ruins has some really great stone blocks that are perfect for ruined walls and structures that could possibly fit your terrain better and give a darker tone to it.

Level 51
I really like the crystal cave and the general layout of everything, but the Cityscape structures don't fit too well due to looking too clean and neat. Refuge in Ruins has some really great stone blocks that are perfect for ruined walls and structures that could possibly fit your terrain better and give a darker tone to it.

I was thinking about that, but that would have been even more difficult and time-intensive then this already was (been already working with ogres stuff). But you're right, I ought to do sth. about that, thanks.

Where can i download it?

Nowhere, it's not finished yet :)

Level 22
Tickles said:
I was thinking about that, but that would have been even more difficult and time-intensive then this already was (been already working with ogres stuff). But you're right, I ought to do sth. about that, thanks.

If you already placed a lot of city structure doodads, an easy solution would be to import a custom "darker" city structure texture.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Not my kind of game, but lookin' pretty cool! I particularly like the hero models, though it's funny; you already have two Freddyk models in there. The Dark Cleric is fine, but for consistency's sake, you should bug him to make you a caster-model. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.