• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Iron Gryphon Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I need a fairly simple edit. Just a Dark Iron version of the Gryphon rider. There used to be a version of it floating around on TheHelper but it's long since lost to time.

Note: I'm aware of the Dark Iron Mountain King Gryphon Rider currently available, but I want an ordinary Darkhammer unit.

Level 18
Aside from the Lore debauchery that is your request... Have you already tried removing the hero glow from Ujimasa Hojo's thing?

That's certainly a potential option if it comes to that, but I'd like the unit to have a very simple, basic design closer to the original model. I want a model that looks like an ordinary unit and not so much a Hero.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the lore. It's flexible, especially when you're working with alternate realities.

Level 4
Would it be possible maybe to just copy the texture from Dark Iron Mountain King Rider and apply to to normal human gryphon rider and see how that turns out? (I'm new at this, but this popped into my mind)

Level 18
Would it be possible maybe to just copy the texture from Dark Iron Mountain King Rider and apply to to normal human gryphon rider and see how that turns out? (I'm new at this, but this popped into my mind)

Hmm, I'm not sure. The extra bits and pieces might come out looking wonky on the model. But that's some pretty clever thinking.

Level 30
It is a bit more complicated, but also simple at the time.

Every Dark Iron dwarf ujimasa has uploaded has it's face detached from the beard. It is like this so that it is possible to give the beard another texture, while keeping the same face texture.
Ujimasa then has simply given the face texture another material layer. He used the Black Teamcolor to make the face appear dark and then added the Red glow to where the Eyes would be.

The Gryphon rider on the other hand would have to be worked on more. Like giving his head more Vertices to separate the face from the beard. And that is the complicated part.

Status
Not open for further replies.