• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damn need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,
Im making an ORGP
I need help!
This is the problem:
At the begining it comes up a Dialog there i choose hero an i want my camera to lock to that hero but if u use lock camera to last created unit it lock to another players hero
(sorry for bad english hope ya understand!!) :grin: :thumbs_up:

Level 3
You can just use pan camera for player to unit over a time interval.
Ex: every .7 seconds pan camera for player (integer a) to unit x.

Also the lock camera to unit should work, do you mind posting the trigger you're using so we can help?

Level 28
Ehh, just assign a variable to the hero -.-

Variable NameVariable TypeArray?

Hero
UnitYes

Then, when a hero is chosen do something like this:

Set Hero[Player Number of (Triggering Player)] is (Last Created Unit)

Lock the camera of a player to the hero with the same number (e.g.: red has as player number 1, lock his camera to Hero[1]).
The best way to do it would be with either a loop, or in the hero choose-trigger itself.

Seriously, don't start an ORPG if you don't know this.

If you throw a link up of your map I can look at it to see what you are trying to do with this. I understand if you don't want to do that lol, I have systems in my RPG that I don't want released until after my rpg is made lol.

I'll make a Hero pick system that you might find a bit easier too.

Attachments

• ForgottenWarlordsHeroChoseSystem.w3x
    17.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Level 3
but i dunno how to print trigger in this forum

This can be done by right clicking the trigger in WE and saying 'copy as text' then in your post, click the trigger tags and paste your trigger into it. (Note: you have to individually select each event, condition, and action and copy them seperately)

Also, Ap0calypse seems to have the right type of trigger that would work, though what I would do is something like:

• Events:
  • Conditions:
  • Actios:
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Camera - Lock camera target for (Player((Integer A))) to (Picked unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation)
IMPORTANT: This trigger may cause issues if players have more than 1 hero.
In any case, if you're still having trouble please post the trigger using the above method. We'll help ya out :pcon:

Level 9
This can be done by right clicking the trigger in WE and saying 'copy as text' then in your post, click the trigger tags and paste your trigger into it. (Note: you have to individually select each event, condition, and action and copy them seperately)

To post triggers you have to right-click on the trigger name (Above events) and "Copy As Text", not every event/condition/action...
After that as XIOV said click on the button "Wrap [TRIGGER] tags around selected text" or just do it manually: [TRIGGER]Paste the trigger in here[/TRIGGER]

Level 28
Also, Ap0calypse seems to have the right type of trigger that would work, though what I would do is something like:

• Events:
  • Conditions:
  • Actios:
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Camera - Lock camera target for (Player((Integer A))) to (Picked unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation)
Integer A isn't defined (you didn't use a loop) and the variable "Hero" (with array) has to be in an RPG, it makes everything a lot easier... even if it isn't needed for this trigger, it is for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.