• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage --> Special Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm working on a thunder clap ability. It's ___SECRET___ so I cant tell you what it does. But, I want it to do damage where a special effect is placed, is that possible?

EDIT: A variable will be used to determine how big I want the damage area to be from the center of the special effect.
Does that help any??

Level 11
Huh? I again don't get you want. You want the damage to take place only EXACTLY where the spell effect takes place? LOL... You mean like, if you have a damaging spell like Flame Strike but instead of the flames, use Cloud effect? Cloud effect doesn't stretch from my knowledge so you practically would want the spell to damage only into the area where the effect is possible? Just calculate its size and aproximate the area to do the damage of the spell. That's my advice.

Level 8
I have a spell that creates special effects, OK?

It takes a region variable and makes it 1000 x 1000 around the caster. The special effects are created in random places in the region variable, and I want the units that are in the special effect to be damaged.

Level 16
Create a point variable, but instead of using radom offesets, which creates a square area, use offset by polar, with a random angle and a random number between the 0 and the radius of the spell

So set the variable to random point offset by a random number between 0 and the radius, facing a random angle, order it to damage the area, and then create the effects.

Level 11
Eusira is right about raising posts useless MAD_CC. You just post in threads to ask people if they solved the problem when into the last post, they said that they already did. Also, in another post if you ask someone if to help him or not. If the problem is solved, don't interfere. If you see someone who needs help and the problem is not solved, don't ask if to help or not. Just help...

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.