• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Damage per second spell to one target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys, i am trying to make an dmg per second spell to one target and i was thinking of this, i have already on that unit spells based of acid bomb and doom so i can't use just a basic default spell with edited effect, and i did this, but it doesn't work, can someone tell me what is missing? I am using 1.28.5 WE, i have vexorian dummy on the unit, using a channel spell with absorb data base ID, options - visible and target type - unit target, and 0 to art duration and follow through time.
Thanks !

Screenshot 2020-12-03 121012.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Does the Dummy have the ability? You aren't adding it to the Dummy.

Also, some of the variables seem unnecessary, they'll offer a performance gain but I imagine it'd be so small that it's a debate between microscopic performance gains and clean/easy to read triggers.

• Events:
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions:
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Unstable Affliction (Warlock AFFLICTION)
  • Actions:
  • Set TempPoint[1] = Position of Target unit of ability being cast
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Triggering Player at TempPoint[1] facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Add Dummy Spell to Last created unit
  • Unit - Set level of Dummy Spell for Last created unit to (Level of ability being cast)
  • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Expiration Timer to Last created unit
  • Unit - Order Last created unit to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb Target unit of ability being cast
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint[1])
How To Post Your Trigger

Also, make sure that the Dummy can actually cast the ability. 999999 Cast Range, 0 Mana Cost, etc... Oh and don't forget to give it an Expiration Timer so it is removed.

Last edited:
Level 9
yes,the dummy unit has the ability and the dummy spell has 9999 range 0 mana etc,i will try what you showed me now, thanks !
Later Edit : It worked the way you did,thanks for helping, +rep!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.