• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] scale damage spell with targeting point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, i know how to scale damage of spell that targeting a unit and spell without target via trigger. but does anyone know how to increase damage from spell like shockwave when unit hp is lower? i use formula base spell damage* (1 - (current hp/max hp)). Any idea how to scale this showckwave damage via trigger?

Level 12
There are a bunch of ways to do this:
1) Projectile system - you can then build the shockwave ability using a custom projectile. You can make it do anything you want when it hits units.
2) Damage detection system - you can use a special dummy unit to cast shockwave, so when damage is dealt by a special dummy, you know it is from your special shockwave. You can modify the damage as you like at that point.
3) One-off piece of code that will likely be messy. It would basically be code to make, specifically, one projectile to be used for this one spell.

I don't think there is a particularly easy way to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.