• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage on an ability equal to Hero damage + X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, I'm trying to make an ability which does Normal Hero damage + f.ex 100. And I'm also looking for a way to make an ability do damage according to current agility/str/intellect of a hero. (An hour of searching was to no good, so decided to ask :).)

Anyone got a clue on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Terrator/Shaan.

Level 8
By -Me XD

Event - Unit casts an ability
Conditions - Ability being cast equal to <ability>
Actions - Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to damage (Triggering unit) for (a number) x (Real((Attribute of (A Unit) (Exclude bonuses))))) using attack type [attack type] and damage type [damage type]

This trigger orders a unit (for you the hero) to damage (a targeted unit) to deal damage for e.g 10 x the attribute of the hero excluding bonuses.

I wish i helped

Level 8
Unfortunately, I know of no way to get the hero's damage in order to use it in a trigger. You can, however, fake it by making a formula that matches how the hero's damage is calculated. (base damage + (number of dice * random number between min and max of dice) + value of primary attribute + maybe something else, I'm not sure).

Regarding RedBlade's trigger, you'll want to use "Event - Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability" instead and if you use "Triggering Unit" for both the caster and the target you won't get the results you want :)

Level 2
I think you could also avoid useing triggers by making a non-auto-castable Searing Arrows spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.