• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage Detection System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
May be my eyes was blurred. But can anyone find me or recommend me some good vJass damage detection system? I want to study it.

(I know Bribe's version is good, but it's in GUI)

Level 7
bribes DD is simple and really good, and its not really written in GUI (it consists of many jass scripts), but its made for GUI usage
so for studying its exactly what youre searching for
but if you want to study a dd system that uses almost every vJass utility (because you were asking for vJass and not jass), then go for nestharus damage system:
damage event, advanced damage event, damage modifcation effect (study them in this order)

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
bribes DD is simple and really good, and its not really written in GUI (it consists of many jass scripts), but its made for GUI usage
so for studying its exactly what youre searching for
but if you want to study a dd system that uses almost every vJass utility (because you were asking for vJass and not jass), then go for nestharus damage system:
damage event, advanced damage event, damage modifcation effect (study them in this order)

I disagree. Nestharus employs not only every piece of vJass but also some very complex computer science subjects in his DD, and if you are an inexperienced programmer you will likely just frustrate yourself with trying to understand what he's doing. If you don't know what a binary heap is, don't bother looking at the code.

Instead, I suggest trying to build your own damage detection system (for practice) once you've studied Bribe's.

Level 3
Well, I will take a look for both Bribe's one and Nestharus' one.
Thanks for all replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.