• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage AOE spell with stun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Can i request for someone to make me a trigger of a spell where enemy units inside the target area gets 180 damage and stunned for 6 seconds.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Create a dummy unit at the target point of ability being cast and order it to cast war stomp.
  • Events:
  • A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions:
  • Ability being cast Equal to YourAbility
  • Actions:
  • Set Variable TempPoint = Target point of ability being cast
  • Create 1 Dummy for Triggering Player at TempPoint facing default building degrees
  • Add Custom War Stomp ability to last created unit
  • Order last created unit to Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
  • Add a 1.00 second generic expiration timer to last created unit
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint]
Make sure the Custom War Stomp ability has no mana cost and make sure the Dummy unit is setup correctly.

Level 9
Create a dummy unit at the target point of ability being cast and order it to cast war stomp.
  • Events:
  • A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions:
  • Ability being cast Equal to YourAbility
  • Actions:
  • Set Variable TempPoint = Target point of ability being cast
  • Create 1 Dummy for Triggering Player at TempPoint facing default building degrees
  • Add Custom War Stomp ability to last created unit
  • Order last created unit to Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
  • Add a 1.00 second generic expiration timer to last created unit
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint]
Make sure the Custom War Stomp ability has no mana cost and make sure the Dummy unit is setup correctly.
I'm using the Silence spell to be the dummy spell to be casted since it's an AOE spell, so in this trigger is supposed to create a dummy unit to the target location of the "Silence" spell and order it war stomp right? (Just trying to understand the trigger)

Level 9
Wouldn’t it be simpler to use the inferno spell? You then can even add a delay before the stun.

For unit, just shift + enter the field and delete the unit, so nothing is actually summoned.
If you delete the unit the spell would just be nothing it will not deal damage and stun.

Level 9
How about using a unit which has no model and disappears after 0.001 seconds then?
That might work but the downside of this spell is you cannot modify it's special effect the stun special effect i want it to have a different special effect.

Level 19
I'm using the Silence spell to be the dummy spell to be casted since it's an AOE spell, so in this trigger is supposed to create a dummy unit to the target location of the "Silence" spell and order it war stomp right? (Just trying to understand the trigger)
Yes. I would use Channel for the dummy ability though. It works good unless you want some other inbuilt functions that Channel cant do. Spells - Channel

Set Art - Animation - Cast Backswing to 0.00 and Art - Animation - Cast Point to 0.00 and on the dummy unit in obejct editor and it will cast spells instantly.
If you want the stomp to be delayed, change the Casting Time on the Ability.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
It takes 2 minutes to make this spell.

You should already have a Dummy unit in your map (I've definitely helped you create spells that use them already)
You should already have some re-usable variables like TempPoint. Easy to create if not.
Then all you have to do is copy and paste War Stomp, set it's damage to 180, stun to 6 seconds, and mana cost to 0.
Then re-create my above trigger. Remember to use Search for text if you can't find the name of an Action. Type in keywords instead of typing out whole sentences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.